1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Oli, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Oli

Oli

I'm desperate to come out, particularly to my mum, as both pansexual and transgender but there's much going on, I feel guilty about it.

2013 was completely focussed on me and my anxiety and depression (brought on by being in the closet, I guess, but I wasn't ready or willing to say anything about it) and I had a situation that left me in hospital and we (me, my mum and my sister) even moved nearly 200 miles so I could have a fresh start. Not long after I got out of hospital, my mum got diagnosed with breast cancer. She had surgery in Februrary, had 6 lots of chemo and has just finished radio. She's tired a lot and obviously emotionally worn out. Now my 14 year old sister's having some issues with mental health because of the move (which was done for me, don't forget) and I need to come out before I go crazy, but I feel like it's just not a good time, but then it'll never be a good time.

I'm torn between coming out now and confining all the crap stuff to one period of time and waiting to come out to reduce the amount of stuff to be dealing with, but then I'd be extending the period of crap stuff. We thought we'd just have one crap year, but now it's two and I don't want to be the one to make it three, but I also don't want to be the one to make this one even worse.

What do I do? I have one relatively close friend, but she's got her own issues, so I don't want to offload on her. Right now the only person who can really help me is my mum, but obviously she can't.

Please, any advice at all. The pressure is killing me. The dysphoria is killing me. Seeing my family suffer to try and help me is killing me. Everything's just too much and I just needed to get it all out, really, but advice will be so much appreciated. :help:

2. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't come out to your family yet, there obviously in a hard place and it could be the straw that breaks the camels back if you came out to them. I would suggest telling a friend, that way you can share the load with another.
    Best of luck

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would wait to tell the family I know that it may seem really hard but I don t know if they can take the extra stress at this time . Please talk to us if that makes you fell better that is what we are here for :slight_smile: