1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

groped at best buy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by spencer, Sep 29, 2008.

1. spencer

spencer Guest

I was at Best Buy yesterday and I was in looking at TVs, because mine ‘broke’ (don’t ask). Anyway, I was standing there staring at the TVs when someone came up behind me and grabbed/slapped, kind of a combination of the two, my butt. I thought it was someone I knew, but when I turned around to see who it was, it was some random guy. I had never seen him before. He had this smile on his face. I didn’t know what to do so I smiled back. When he had left I realized that he did more that just cuff a feel, he stuck a piece of paper in my pocket. I thru it away without reading it. Then he started flirting with me and I said “I’m sure you’re a nice guy but I’m only 16.” Then he said “Even better.” What the hell did he mean by that? And where is Chris Hansen when you need him? I had had enough so I left and walked over to Barnes and Nobles. On my way to the book store I was kind of paranoid so I discreetly took out my cell phone and looked at the reflection to see what was behind me. And sure enough he was there so I started walking faster. When I got into the store I ran to the back, waited until he had entered the store, and then ran out of the store. Now I’m kind of scared to go back. I would have expected something like this at Circuit City but not at Best Buy.

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

lol at the circuit city part. Okay now on to the topic how old was this guy?

If he was like a teenager I don't think its anything to worry about and if he was an older guy I think you should avoid him if you ever see him again.

3. EthanS

EthanS Guest

was he.. cute?? ^_^

4. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh er...
    I can't say that I've heard this happen over this side of the pond, but yikes!

You did the right thing about losing him, I wouldn't worry about going back, I'm guessing it's a busy public place, so he can't think of doing something...drastic. If you haven't seen him there before there, he probably doesn't hang around, so you're probably safe to go back and get your TV...

Or just get one from online, if all else fails...

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, that's...odd. I've never been followed before in public.

6. spencer

spencer Guest

He was in his late 20’s early 30’s. No older than 35, but no younger than 25. I didn’t think he was cute. I’ve been really paranoid. Everywhere I look I think that I see him. I told some friends at school about what had happened and all day they would come up behind me and try to touch me. I was so pissed.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That is sexual harrassment. Would your friend be laughing if this happened to a 16 year old girl? Probably not, they'd be worried for her safety as I am yours. I would not go anywhere by yourself for awhile and be aware of your surroundings. If this guy bothers you again, call the police!

8. Sam

Sam

That's scary, you did the right thing. Watch out for him and others like him, that guy is sick and wrong.

9. EM68

I would mention something to the security guards at Best Buy. There are usually one or two of them at the entrances checking bags. More likely than not he has done that to other people and will do so until he gets caught.

10. string3343

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, that sounds creepy. I think that you made a good decision. If you see him again, get away and call the police.

11. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, I'm glad you're ok. Secondly, you should try to go somewhere with friends for a while until you feel comfortable going somewhere by yourself. If this ever happens again, call the police -- don't hesitate.

12. Tofu Babi

Tofu Babi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow,intense this sounds like a cool fantasy that would more then likely end wrong. I wouldnt know what to do. I would of read the note atleast though.

13. spencer

spencer Guest

I went back to Best Buy today with my sister. She let me carry her switchblade incase I seen that guy. I almost stabbed one of the employees because he popped up out of nowhere and asked if I needed help. My sister wanted me to tell the security guards about that guy, but I told her that they probably wouldn’t listen to me because they will only listen to girls with blond hair and blue eyes. I’m a brunette with brown eyes and a penis. So she told them that it had happened to her.

14. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Carrying a weapon is a bad idea.