1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my dad is a douche

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ErikPinkLovesU, Sep 29, 2008.

1. ErikPinkLovesU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm only out to a couple people, friends mostly, and my dad doesn't know but we are having a hard time i guess bonding. I try to be a cheery and helpful and cool as I can but sometimes I lose my temper with him because he always feels the need to make rude and insensitive comments at the most inappropriate of times! My brother and I got into a fight and I was really upset, and later we went to dinner.

I apologized to my brother, still upset because it was not my fault, and my dad said "I think its that time of the month again..". Thats one of the lighter examples btw, but my brother pretended like her didn't head anything and I got pissed! I told him how a i felt and kept my voice at a respectful volume, since we were in a restaurant.

And he totally ignored me. He said "You need to man up and stop getting into these little sissy fights with your brother". I was shock becuase it solunded like something out of a movie lol. I ignore him for a month and then last weekend he tried to have a father son outing with me on saturday and I totally ignored him and read the whole time. What am I doing wrong? I can NEVER WIN! :tears:

2. Sam

Sam

I'm sorry you feel bad. Next time he tries to have a father/son thing with you try talking to him about how you're feeling because if it's in that type of setting it's hard to ignore.

Other than that I don't know what to tell you. Is your mom available to talk to about this?

Good luck

Sam

3. Chaz

I feel the same about my dad, he's 70 now, and I love him to death and want to spend time with him..But every time I talk to him we end up arguing..He always comments on the bad things about people..If theres someone on TV he thinks is overweight he states it, not the kind way I did though. He also puts gays down a lot.

Honestly I don't know what to do either, hopefully knowing that someone is going through the same thing as you can help, good luck <3

4. Nixon

don't get to pissed off over a little joke

5. sexyalex

thats the whole point hunni. stop putting ur foot in your mouth. This is not about winning. what is wrong with people today. We all want to have the last say. :shrug:

its this simple. Avoid your brother, i didn't say malice him now, i said avoid :lol: and your dad, talk to your dad, about OTHER topics, even if once. Talk to him on a regular basis on stuff u learn in school, about his job about him and ur mom etc. But don't make it about you.

And next time your dad pops one of those random gay bashing jokes its this simple u can ether do 2 things, laugh at them (but most likely they will think ur laughing with them) or u can excuse urself and walk away. If your dad has a heart, he WILL ask u to come back or see why u left, just don't retaliat. and when he does ask; tell him his immaturity made u want to throw up ur dinner. and excuse yourself agin. make up an excuse, homework, studying or something. Just never hang around cuz it will turn into a heated discssion.

Fineally. Pray for him. and don't you dear be afraid to tell him "dad, the devil is alive up in this place, you need prayers(and leave)". Pray for him and don't bottle it up, find a best friend or a counseler or smoene, a mentor or coah or very close friend to vent to. even a diary. But never bottle up feelings for your dad.

I know if i did i would have stabbed mine in his sleep a long time ago. But u wanna know something, the more i started to help them stop take focus off me, the more he started to elave me alone and only talk to me about social affairs, politics, academics etc.
    which is ok for me.

cuz i am never going to go to my dad and speak to him about anythign related to my private life anyways. thats what girlfriends are there 4 :lol:

love,
    Alex(*hug*)