1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning On Coming Out Soon

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by anonymous2511, Oct 24, 2014.

1. anonymous2511

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I'm hopefully going to come out to my best friend at school towards the end of this semester or early next semester.

We met during our freshman year last year, we were roommates. We actually picked to live with each other last minute after briefly talking on facebook. We happened to be in the same major and neither of us wanted to go random. I was really nervous to live with her because while I still hadn't fully accepted my sexuality deep down I had this feeling I was at some point going to fall for her. It was inevitable.

We instantly became best friends and we talked all the time. We were very different people, but our personalities just work together so well. I opened up to her more than I have ever opened up to anyone. Talking to her was so easy and it felt so natural. I've never been good at talking to people especially opening up about things, but with her it's easy. Our second semester I fell for her and I keep falling everyday. I thought maybe the feelings would go away over the summer, but then we talked a lot and I went to visit her at home (9 hours away from where I live). The feelings just got stronger and I fell for her more.

We are in our second year now and we have every class together and we talk everyday. We aren't living together again, but really wish we were. We are really really close now. She'll tease me all the time, put her head on my shoulder (which I'm usually opposed to people touching me), lecture me to get my homework done, and says she loves me (in a platonic we're really close friends kinda way). Unfortunately for me she's straight and she now has a boyfriend. It's really hard to be around the two of them together and I'm really jealous of him, but I love seeing her so happy.

I really need to talk to her about my sexuality even if I don't tell her that I like her. She's the person I want to know first because I know she will listen and will care and will still be friends with me no matter what. She'll also be able to talk things through with me and I just really need her to finally know.

The situation sucks and I'm really scared to tell her but I need too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

And now here's a dancing banana to lighten the mood and because I think it's awesome: (!)

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a similar relationship with a friend back in university. I did not come out to him then, and even now, having come out to just about everyone else, I have yet to reach out to him and tell him (our paths have not crossed recently). Your post just pushed me to that exact thing and call him. I wish I had the courage then to have told him. I think I missed out by not doing so.

3. anonymous2511

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm really glad that you finally told him :slight_smile:

I'm really hoping I can find the courage. I almost told her the other day, but then I just couldn't get it out. She knew something was on mind and could tell I wanted to talk about something, but I just couldn't for some reason. I think I just need to set a date and go for it whether or not I'm ready cause otherwise I'll just keep putting it off.

4. Jrk

Jrk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck, with as close as you two are I'm sure she'll be accepting and supportive.