1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my brother.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ForeverYoung000, Oct 25, 2014.

1. ForeverYoung000

I took it seriously this time. We sat down. Luckily my mom wasn't there nor my little brother because at the moment I only wanted to tell him. Any who, I asked him " you know how you were dared to say you were gay in front of our mom?" Yea. He replied. So I took it a step further..." Well...what if it was vice versa, me being gay and you being straight, will you accept me?" " of course, why not your my sister!"

I was kinda glad when he said that but unfortunately, it wasn't over. " So if I told you that I was bi next week, would you care?" " Well, I wouldn't be happy. But I'll still talk to you normally..." He said softly. Haha, we still weren't done. Then he brought up the marriage and stuff. "How are you gonna tell mom?" What if she wants to go to the wedding?" Well, I'll tell her in advance. "

Minutes went by and I finally entered my room. _____, Come here!!! " he came and I stopped him as he entered. " I have something to tell you". Right then and there I froze. It was not easy. I started hugging him back and forth saying. " what I'm about to tell you, I'm telling you this because you're the brother I feel comfortable telling stuff. We go way back bro please don't get mad" he suddenly felt uncomfortable because I was hugging him for so long. "_____, I'm bi." As those words came out, I waited. He completely denied it and was like " no your not, i know you're not. " I was like " ok, fine. Don't believe me. But don't be surprise when you see me with a girl. " I then started crying. He doesn't believe me. And I know he doesn't need time to think about it. Hes like " I know it's not true. If you told mom she would've killed you." He thinks I'm lying. Which hurts me even more. I know I like girls and guys. Why would I make something like this up??? I'm not gonna walk around pretending to be straight around them when that's not who I am. I wanna be loyal. Not fake. I asked him if he was ever going to believe me, he said no. Well, thanks. I feel a lot much better. The one person , that I trusted and hope he'll just accepts me for who I am, doubts me full time. That hurts . Really hurts. Thanks for nothing. ;"( ;(

#1 ForeverYoung000, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  2. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

That really sucks man. I don't really know what else to say . I'm not too good at heaping on b s that I'm not too sure of myself when it comes to other people's families(like: it's gonna be alright; they'll come around ) . The only think I can say is that it's your life and you have to lead it ;no one else. Make sure you're strong enough to do that.

3. ForeverYoung000

You're right, thanks! I appreciate it.

4. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ForeverYoung000, Hello :slight_smile: I want to say that I am proud of you for having the courage to come out and tell your brother ,I know it hurts that he thinks you are lying .The only advise I can give is chin up keep moving forward and I think he will come around once he thinks about it and see's that you are serious . I hope that your mom takes it well and accepts you for who you are !! I know that we do

5. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's tough for people to accept. Even if they've had suspicions or made jokes before, the confirmation comes as a shock, I guess. I'm sure he'll come around, he probably just needs a little time, don't lose heart xxx

6. ForeverYoung000

Thank you!!!

---------- Post added 26th Oct 2014 at 09:55 AM ----------

Ok, thanks!! <3

7. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ForeverYoung000, you are so welcome , I wish I had you courage I have told two people and they are a lesbian couple that I have known for 9 years from work :slight_smile: thats it for me . I know someday I can tell more I hope that you all will be there so we can have a party !!

8. bi2me

Congratulations on taking a big step! Remember, it's your life and your future, so you need to find what makes you happy, whether a man or woman (or whatever)...

9. ForeverYoung000

Thanks once again! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 26th Oct 2014 at 07:54 PM ----------

Thanks.

10. Kristina5

well i hope you sure find a way to keep moving forward without to much resistance! I truly hope things workout for you!

11. ForeverYoung000

THankyou!!

You guys helped me a lot <3 <3 (&&&):sleep:frowning2:&&&)(&&&)(&&&)

12. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry for the way that your brother reacted. Hopefully he will come around in time. But, if he doesn't, then that's his choice. I wouldn't want to be around someone that takes me as a liar. But I am glad that you had the courage to tell him, even if his reaction was negative.

13. StephenB

StephenB Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every person, every situation is different. But I think he'll come around. It's 2014, and while it may not be the favorite topic of conversation, it's not earth shattering. You're still your brothers sister, still your moms daughter. There may be some rough periods, but it should work out :slight_smile: . I wish you all the best, and we are here for you anytime :slight_smile:

14. ForeverYoung000

It's okay. Thank you.

---------- Post added 1st Nov 2014 at 10:56 AM ----------

Mm'mm...wow, that was deep.:'D
    True...and thanks