1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant remember if i came out or not!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by james222, Oct 26, 2014.

1. james222

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok kind of freaking out a bit here. I was way too drunk on Friday night (like seriously way too drunk) and I think I may have come out to one of my good friends, thing is I really don't remember that well. For some reason I think I told him but I can't actually remember at all so I might not have. Im not out and didn't want to come out just yet so Im not sure what to do. I haven't been talking to him yet since that night and when I do Im not sure he will say anything either way, so I don't know how I am going to know did I or not! Any advice on what I should do? Possibly just leave it…? Ahh I really hate alcohol sometimes!!!

2. CrazyAwkward

If he doesn't say anything next time you see him and you really really want to know for sure you could bring up how drunk you were and ask if you said anything weird. Or you could just leave it. That's up to you. I'm not sure what I'd do if I was in your shoes to be honest.

3. SeriousJack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm in the EXACT same situation as you. Life can be tough sometimes, just wanted you to know you're not the only one who make bad alcohol ingestion decisions. What I did was: since I don't know if I said anything I just asked everybody who were there on the night exactly what had happened, and no one said anything, so I acted like I didn't say anything because that's probably what happened. If nobody say anything and you're not ready to cone out yet, it's best to not worry yourself too much.

4. clovis

you know I did this about 10 years ago... but didn't know it... I told a really good friend one night when we were drinking... she never said anything about it... I came out to her (sober) about a month ago... and she said... yeah I know... you told me. I was dumbfounded... I didn't remember it at all...

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Was he drinking with you? He may not remember either!

6. james222

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the replies, reassuring to see Im not the only one this has happened to :grin: Think Im just going to leave it and not say anything for the moment, if he says it to me tho I really dunno what Im going to say (no point in denying it I suppose) Thanks!