1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow, unbelievable, reality [good], what next?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nitro, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Nitro

So I was signing up for a local glbt forum and looking through the introductions section when I came across a most interesting post. The crush, so strong it was like a 2x4 over my head, that resulted in a moment of epiphany ("I'm gay!"), well ... he signed up a little over a mouth ago. Seems he recently came out to himself too (although how recent I know not). Needless to say, this is a pretty amazing thing to find out ... and my emotions are pretty much all over the place. I guess maybe some combination of joy, relief, anxiety, and fear.

I'm going to my first local meeting today. I don't really know all of what I'm asking, but I had to let this out somewhere. Pearls of wisdom will be graciously received.

2. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

:grin: ? Who is "he" ?

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, have fun at the meeting. It sounds exciting! I think it's great that you will have the opportunity to get to know your crush perhaps a bit better. Do remember though to take things slow at first. Try to develop a friendship, which might lead to something more down the road....

Have fun at the meeting. Let us know how it went!

4. Nitro

Well ... the meeting was rather informal and kind of fun. The topic of discussion was about dating (something which I know next to nothing about, but had some rather interesting timing!). It was a bit hard to discern if they were joking or not, but I hope this was not what they consider "record attendance". One of the things that surprised me in all this was how randomly distributed and diverse the population of the group was. We truly are everywhere.

As for a certain fellow I was expecting to see ... he didn't show up. That said, I don't know if he is even a regular at these things.

Overall "first contact" if you will, was a success, and I think I'll stick around.