1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loneliness - Arggh

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GaiEtFrais, Oct 1, 2008.

1. GaiEtFrais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've been out like 3 months out now, and it's great, but I'm lonely and it sucks. I'm a longish-relationship type guy, and i'd always had a girlfriend most of the time. And now suddenly I don't have anyone to care about or hold or look after, and it sucks so much. I don't care about boasting about my "hot boyfriend". I just want someone to love and them to love me back. I think about it everyday and it's driving me insane!

I'm sure someone has to be in the same situation, any words of wisdom?

:cry:

2. Fiorino

I totally know what you're going through. Try to do things to get your mind
    off of it, stuff that requires your attention, maybe listen to music that you like
    (that doesn't have to do with love). Otherwise-try to concentrate on yourself,
    your boyfriend shouldn't be there to fill a hole, he should be there
    as something that's nice, but that isn't neccesarily neccesary. I don't know
    how to explain it better-just try to make yourself happy as single.
    Hope that helped.
    (*hug*)(*hug*)

3. GaiEtFrais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am hapy as a single, and I do feel complete. It's just something that I like and miss. That's all.

But thanks, you being French help :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: J'aime les francaises!

4. Fiorino

J'aime les Australiens :icon_wink

5. stanglvr89

Yea I know what you mean..stuff like that pops into my head a lot, and I try to get my mind off of it by playing games or studying.

6. Loveless

Loveless Guest

Yeah i feel the same way, it sucks.

7. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Are there any GLBT social groups in your area? Or perhaps clubs or clubs with GLBT nights? The first step to a relationship is finding a partner! Get out there, make yourself known... because if people don't know about you, they can't fall in love with you!

I'm a very similar type of person. Although never having had a girlfriend (as such) myself, I love having somebody to love. I experienced my first 'real' relationship about 5 months ago, which ended over 3 months ago, and then having known what it was like, I realised how much it sucked to be single. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I've spent the last 3 months trying to meet someone and becoming lonelier by the day, but I met somebody last week who I'll be catching up with tomorrow, and all of a sudden I'm happy again, and I've got something to look forward to.

My point is, unless you're unbelievably lucky, it won't just come to you. You'll have to get out there to make something happen.

Best of luck! (*hug*)

8. Trumpetplyer23

Usually what I would do to combat loneliness was meeting someone new. It doesn't matter if their gay, straight, black, white, male, female, etc. I've met many of my current friends by introducing myself to them. They're from all different high school cliques (prep, skater, soccer, volleyball, football, nerds, emo, punk, etc).

Also, I spend time with my friends. I call them on the phone or make plans to hang out with them on the weekend. They may not be my boyfriend/girlfriend, but I love hanging out with my friends because they are amazing. They're fun to be around and it distracts me from the loneliness.

I've been single since June, and I haven't really had the ambition to pursue anyone else.

9. Tofu Babi

Tofu Babi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ive been feeling the same way. Ive had one boyfriend which ended badly.

I just wish somtimes I had superpowers to know whom is gay or not.

^_^

tofu

10. stanglvr89

Yea that would make it a lot easier :confused:

11. RonApple

RonApple Guest

If it makes you feel any better, i feel the same as you too... every now and then i also wish for someone to just talk to and be comforted by... and not a girl (no offence girls :slight_smile: , i got too many girl friends ) just a guy who can relate to me etc.