1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just can't do it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gomelon, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Gomelon

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel like I'm drowning. I just can not come out to my parents/family!!
    I know I am gay, I have just ended a 3 year old relationship, so yeah I am not gay, I am super gay. But I just can bring myself to tell them... again.

I tried to tell my mom, she asked me if I had a boyfriend, and replied: "no, I have a girlfriend" She thought I was kidding: "don't joke about those things" and left my room. We never talked about it again.
    So now, it has been almost 3 years since that confession and they still think I am straight, or should I say, we never talk about my sexuality.
    I am a 25 years year old chicken, I feel left behind in life, is something that I have to do, you know? I have been telling myself, yeah today I will do it! But I rather hide in the fake tranquility of my room. I wanna do it for myself, for my well being, to take the plunge, but I haven't been so scared before.
    Am I not ready?? I thought I was.
    Any advice? Thanks

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel your pain I relly do ! I am 40 and I just came out my self I will say this to you you will come out when you are ready to .Please don't rush take your time and be your self it will happen when it does !

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just told my family today of how I could be bisexual/gay. They were surprised at first, but later supportive because in terms of anxiety and depression, they've been through the pain that I was going through.

I think it's fear of how they may react, and this fear is completely reasonable. I was scared to hell when I planed it out and "hoped for the worst". Turns out it wasn't too bad so I felt a little more relieved.

It's great that your confident in your sexuality, as I am still unsure. I have been hiding my fear, anxiety, and depression inside for more than a month and I just couldn't take it anymore. My suicidal thoughts increased day by day, and my concentration in school was close to none. I started eating less, doing less of what I usually did, and that was when I knew I had to tell them.

Take your time to plan it through: how you should tell them, how they might react, etc. I thought about telling them at the same time at the dinner table, but in the end I told them one by one because I just had to tell them. To be honest, I think telling them all at once would have been a bad idea because you would have numerous different responses at once and that alone is hard to take in.