1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell her i like her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Toast8971, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Toast8971

So I have this friend who pretty much knows I'm not straight, and she seems perfectly fine with it. But I also have a crush on her. She's made it clear the she thinks of herself as straight, but I'm debating on whether or not to tell her I like her even though there's like no chance of an "us." So should I tell her or just keep it to myself?

2. missmercury

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi. My opinion would be to tell her. what could be the worst that could happen? If you show you're not awkward or embarrassed about it, then she probably wont feel awkward or embarrassed either. Go for it. :slight_smile: i need to take this advice myself actually for the situation im in haha.

3. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    In my opinion it isn't really fair to her to not say anything.

4. I had a crush on my straight best friend once and when I told her it was a little awkward at first, but it made our friendship better since I had nothing to hide from her. So I would definitely tell her. Good luck!

5. greenunicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've had this crush on this girl for 4 years now. I told her last year and she told me she doesn't feel the same way. She's still my friend and I'm glad of that. It depend on how you think she'll react. Some people might freak out a bit if they find out you are crushing on them but some people will be ok with it and it might even make it easier because she'll know to try not to give you mixed signals that make your head hurt. I'd say go for it though, just because of the chance that she's not so straight and likes you too.

6. Toast8971

ah k, much thanks guys :grin: