1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am gay! Eh, on second thought...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jax12, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does everyone go through this? Today I have been diagnosed with depression, so that probably has been an influence towards my thoughts. I've been back and forth between guys and girls for a while... Lol

My worry is that once I let everyone know that I'm gay/bi, I'll end up saying "whoops, false alarm guys! I'm actually gay/bi".

One day I'll feel 99.99% gay, horny for guys, etc then the next day I'll just dream of girls! The arousal is obviously not the same, but man if I was actually gay I wouldn't be feeling horny for girls. The fact that I'm more aroused by guys than girls in terms of sex (nudes) is basically the conclusion I use to determine that I'm gay. It's just much easier.

If your gay, any arousal from girls at all? Or is sexuality fluid as some people say?

2. bornthiswaybby

I'll put it as bluntly as I can. If you get boners looking at hot guys, you are physically attracted to guys. If you get boners from looking at hot girls, you are physically attracted to girls. If these both occur, then yes, you would generally be labeled as bisexual with a preference for guys. Even if you felt romantically attracted to girls but not necessarily physically, you could still be classified as bisexual :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 29th Oct 2014 at 11:08 PM ----------

Also, just putting it out there (not that this applies to you), but a lot of the time, gays and lesbians will originally believe they are and sometimes come out as bisexual, then later on discover that they are actually only attracted to the same sex. I originally labeled myself as bisexual, however now I can say I would never be with a woman. I just don't feel the attraction. You don't have to worry about things changing, it's very possible. It may bother other people (such as your family) if you change your mind later on, but who cares? It's self discovery, and if that's something people look down upon, then shame on them

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's okay, you don't have to choose between them! If it helps, even though I'd never rule it out, I've never been attracted to girls sexually or romantically. I'd maybe explore the idea that you might be bisexual, but of course you know how you feel better than I do!

You can give your sexuality whatever label you like, or none at all! I really wouldn't worry about it though, you don't have to fit a certain "box". :slight_smile: As the poster above says, sometimes sexuality is a journey of discovery and on that journey you are entitled to change your mind!

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks to both of you. Your answers make a lot of sense; there isn't a certain label that fits everyone.

5. antibinary

Maybe you're sexually fluid.