1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Doctorlysomethn, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi everyone

I've just made an account today and I need your help with something so if you could please help, that'd be amazing, thank you so much <3

You see... I'm bi, in this relationship with this guy and I don't know how to tell my friends that I'm in it with him

I've told a few of my closest friends, but it's my other friends that I'm worried about and don't really know how to tell them so if you could please help me out, that'd be fantastic :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance to everyone who's happy to help out, it really means a lot to me and I'll keep you all updated on how it goes :grin:

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any chance of providing a bit more detail on what the relationship is like with your other friends? Also, how did your closest friends take the news?

3. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi UsxUK

Ummm... my relationship with my other friends isn't as close as it is with the relationship I have with my closest friends, but we still do hang out together and stuff ad it's nice to have them around as while they're not as close as my other friends, they're still my friends and I enjoy being around them

My closest friends were quite shocked to hear I was bi and liked guys but they accepted it (with one being bi himself) and just treated me like normal, which is more than what I could've asked for :slight_smile:

4. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is this something you wan to do one on one with these friends or all at once ? If I was in your place I would probably want to get them all together and try to pick a time when ever one is having a good time and say oh yea by the way I am BI and see what happens if they are your friends they should be supportive and accept you for who your are . This is just my opinion tho I wish you all the best of luck my new friend .

5. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for your help lb41974 :slight_smile:

Well... I am organizing a Halloween party with a few of my friends today... while it may not be all of them, it's a start, right?

It's be better to start off with a small group and then move on to the majority of my friends as that way it'd be easier for me as I'm not that good at telling so many people about myself in person and that way, a small group is a good way to see how it'd effect both them and myself :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for the help and I'll keep you updated on what happens :slight_smile:

6. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes start small. Don't go and be all hallelujah about it at this point because you'll get a shit ton of responses that you may not be ready for. Starting with close friends is a great idea.

One time one of my friends posted on Facebook that he was gay but seconds later removed it. I don't know if he was kidding or not, but that's not something you want to post online lol

7. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for the help Jax12 :slight_smile:

I don't think I'll be announcing it to everyone on Facebook just yet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    But hopefully my friends will be supportive and not treat me any differently :slight_smile:

And it's hard to tell now days if someone's being legit about coming out or if they're being fraped :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But still, thanks so much :slight_smile:

8. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes with the smal group.

9. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks everyone for your help and support and I come bringing updated news on how it all went :slight_smile:

My friends were all very accepting of my news, a few of them actually did the opposite of what I expected them to do and ended up clapping, saying "Omg yay! You two would so make the cutest couple" and my one closest girl friend even going as far as "I'm gonna be the best man at your wedding" <3

Thank you all for your help and support and it really did mean a lot to me <3
    You guys are so awesome for helping me out like that :grin:

10. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fantastic News! Glad it went well. You will certainly be an inspiration for others.