1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fear of coming out to my brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Yukitori, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Yukitori

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    sorry if this is long i have a lot on my mind about 6 months ago i told my mom and dad i was gay and there reaction could not have been better and a month after that i told my best friend but now there is a big problem i have still not told my step brother i have known for 3 years now and he is the best to me he always stands up for we play games 24/7 and every wed we go to cardfight vanguard night at a local shop and we are always together the problem is that i want to come out i feel like im hiding i fear that if i tell him he will reject me and if that happened i would be crushed to me i would rather suffer the pain of hiding then to lose him. i dont know what to do i try to work up the nerve to tell him but every time i do i panic i get sick my hands shake i feel like im going to throw up. i remember one time about 3 ish months after our family's joined and we started living in the same house he said some thing like"i dont care if they are gay i just dont want them to touch me" so every time i try i just hear the words and then the what if's start racing threw my mind. im confused on what to do half if me is fighting to come out the the other half is to afraid of the possibility of rejection. each day is getting harder and harder and i just dont know what to do any more :tears:

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Man this is a hard call to make ,I wish I had a easy answer for you :frowning2: . If he really cares for you ,and you as so close to him maybe he will understand knowing that you too have done so much together . If he does have a problem with it just give him so space and let him deal with everything in his own way and time frame. I wish you all the best of luck please let us know what happens .

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, it's great to hear how accepting your parents were and, while you did not mention it, your friend as well. Sometimes brother say things to sound cool to their brother without really meaning it. My brother used to always put a macho image and make comments like that. When I came out to everyone, I took him out for breakfast separately, and told him. He responded with brotherly love and support. Nothing macho, no negative comments, and expressed how proud of me he was. I was expecting a more difficult discussion and it turned out as well as any one else responded.

4. Yukitori

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i just cant say it every time i try to i end up taking a panic attack. with the 3 people i have told so far it was hard but not as hard as this

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he sticks up for you in everything before, he will stick up for you in this too. Give him the chance to be the big brother you look up to, and you the chance to be the little brother he takes care of.

6. Yukitori

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I should add I'm the older one but I found out how I'm going to do it thanks to my mom and dad they have ordered me a very nice t-shirt that says " nobody knows I'm gay " and a pride flag and I plan opening them on Xmas in front of all my family I think this will be a very fun Xmas :slight_smile:

7. ForeverYoung000

Yess nice job. That's wonderful