1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conflicted emotions about whether I should or shouldn't come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sorceress of Az, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Sorceress of Az

I have this intense desire to come out so I don't have to hide any thing, and because I want to stop feeling depressed about gender related things.

I also am super afraid because I think everyone will hate me.

I have thought about coming out on Facebook before telling my family as none of them have a facebook page. I am more afraid of telling my family than any one else.

But I do want to, I am just so frightened that some times I get panic attacks and begin shaking.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    May I ask what experience you have with your family that leads you to believe everyone will hate you?

3. Sorceress of Az

Well my dad is Bipolar and freaks out about common every day things,
    and I think my mom would think I was weird,

I know for a fact my Grandpa will hate me because he is one of those far right winged Christians that hate any one who is different.

To be truthful I don't know how my sister will react.

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being Polar and having mood swings is not necessarily a sign that he would not be accepting. And while you think your mom is weird, I think most kids think their parents are weird. My kids think I am weird, I think my parents are weird, and so on and so on. I think thats how its supposed to work, is it not?

None of that suggests that they would not be accepting. Your grandpa, well maybe you hold off on telling him a bit given his views, and just focus on your parents.

All said, take your time and be comfortable and tell them when it works for you.

5. Jayxoxo

I recently came out to a group of semi-close friends about my bisexuality last night and they took it very well. I was surprised by the amount of support I didn't even realize I had until yesterday! I feel so relieved like this huge rock has been lifted from my shoulders...no, not a rock, more like a boulder.
    I'm still on the same boat with you. I haven't told my family due to the fact they are christian. I recommend coming out to your friends - real friends, not fake one's - to see how they react, which should be with support if they truly are your friends.
    Then decide to tell your parents whenever you feel prepared. Well, that's what Im doing.

Anyways, best of luck to you!