1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to a friend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mickz, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Mickz

I've only come out to 6 people (one accidentally when I caught her and my best friend making out, told her so she would know I'd keep the secret.)
    My best friend just knew, like I did about her.
    A guy I used to date told me he's gay so I told him I'm bi.
    Those 3 were the easier ones.
    This year I added 3 people to that list on harder ways and they seemed to take it well...
    My second best friend who always seemed super grossed out by gays, I wrote a letter to tell her how she hurts my feelings when she says gay people gross her out. She took it well enough.
    Second one was another girl I'm close to, she has no problem with LGBT,So I just blurted it out one night on a ride at an amusement park. So she just hugged me and said that's okay. (relieved about that one tbh)
    And third one is the best friend of the guy above, she just pretends i;m not which I am grateful for, so no one really suspects me yet.

Now I want to add a 7th and I have no creative ideas of how to come out to her, a letter won't do, she'd see it as impersonal. Blurting it out randomly will creep her out. I was thinking watching something I know has a LGBT scene in and watching her reaction and then asking how she feels about LGBT people? She also comes from a fairl religious family that doesnt even allow her and her siblings to watch any movie (even animation) bordering on anything non-religious eg: vampires, demons, werewolves, sorcery and definitely not LGBT people when she's at home, but when she visits me, she's the one who suggest we watch movies like Underworld, X-Men and Red Riding Hood. Okay getting off topic.

Do any of you have any creative ways I can break it to her?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's a good idea to test the waters first, if you're nervous or uncertain.

As for creative ways, you can joke about it, and if she laughs, say, "No, I'm serious," or if she asks if you're being serious, say yes.

But, uh, I'm pretty uncreative, so I'll stop there. Just wanted to pop in to say good luck, mostly. :slight_smile:

3. ForeverYoung000

Make note cards, I don't know.

4. Mickz

Thing is how to I just randomly bring up the topic in a joke? It would freak her out I think.

Could you explain this idea more please? :lol:

5. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If she asks you if you have a boyfriend, you can nonchalantly say, "Nah, I like girls," and when to replies, clarify that you're bi, and not gay.

Not actually a joke joke, but it could work... maybe?

If you don't think anything else would work, you could always just sit her down and come out to her that way.