1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I drunkenly came out to my friends..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jayxoxo, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Jayxoxo

I did it, I did it, I did it, I DID IT!
    Never in a million years would I have ever DREAMED of coming out to anybody, let alone at a small house party! Well-that's not entirely true. I came out to my best friend (as a bisexual male) about five months ago and she took it well, obviously.
    However, rewind to last night, small Halloween party and I'm outside talking to another close girl-friend whom I share my secret with. Her response: "Aww, that's cool" which I was surprised considering Ive made out with her in the past. Now remember, I have had quite a few shots so I'm feeling extremely brave & bold and I decide to tell her friend, whom I've only met once or twice prior to this party. Her response makes me L O L; "um okayyyy? Is that a huge thing or what? No one cares who you prefer dude." Fast-forward to present time - I've come out to 7 people whom all had a similar response: "Good for you" or "I'm really happy for you!"
    I'm just overwhelmed with joy. I can't believe I did it. I always here stories and blogs about amazing coming out "parties" but I never thought I would do it.

One day, maybe when I have the courage, I'll be able to tell my semi-conservative family.
    Anyways, I hope anyone who takes the time to read this has a WONDERFUL Halloween because I know i will :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

2. Kabuki

Congrats!!! It's amazing to be able to tell people, even with the help of some shots. :grin: I'm very glad for you! I'm sure you'll get the courage, someday, to tell your family. Semi-conservative is rather good, if you think about it. If you want, and haven't tried it yet, get to know what they think about LGTB+ people and see their reactions, it might help you get an idea. :slight_smile:

Good luck man! I hope this is just the beginning, I'm sure you'll feel amazing when you are finally out to your family, specially. :grin:

3. Jayxoxo

I've bluntly mentioned the LGBT community to them stating my beliefs on them - people should be able to love whomever they want. My mother, is very one-sided. Homosexual people will go to hell unless they change their ways because it is a choice...in her words, not mine. We were at the mall one time and a lesbian walked in and my mother wanted to leave the store because she felt uncomfortable.
    My father roughly believes the same thing but he is more sincere about everything. However Ive heard my mother repeatedly tell my brother that she loves him no matter what he does (he's an alcoholic) and I just feel like she won't be the same with me.