1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now that I've started coming out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by niceguy44, Nov 1, 2014.

1. niceguy44

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ever sinceIi started coming out, I feel almost like as if I'm liberated in some ways. I don't know, is it strange to think that? Ever since I've come out this past week, I smile more than I have in probably a while. I'm liking myself again. I guess it's how some people say being comfortable in your own shadow and owning it.

Is it crazy for me to think this way so soon? I don't know. Maybe I'm just being crazy.

Thoughts??

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, it's not crazy at all! :icon_bigg

If you had to hide it, you feel that you can be yourself now, which makes you feel more comfortable. It's absolutely normal to feel that way. Enjoy it. (*hug*)

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I felt very much the same when I first came out. It feels like a huge weight is lifted.

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wait for the next phase, it gets better, you might think your a teenager again!

5. Justinian20

(Indian accent) Oh no it is not crazy to think that, you see when you come out to someone it is like in a way telling someone you are depressed, it lifts some of the weight off your shoulders, but the difference between coming out as gay or lesbian person is that you are no longer very sad. You feel as if you have accepted yourself and that is the current feeling that you are feeling at the moment and so I say it is completely normal to feel that way. I'm sorry for the rambling but I must get back to what I was doing, good day to you my American friend.