1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT campus meeting

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Different, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Different

I'm questioning my sexuality and I want to go to my campus LGBT group this week for the first time but I'm afraid someone will out me! I'm very much in the closet and I just want to know if my secret will be safe. I'm a college athlete and things will become super awkward if my sexuality gets out. Help! Anyone been in my position or a similar one before? :tears:

2. StephenB

StephenB Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most schools the LGBT group on campus is pretty quiet. Some are out, some are not, but almost all will respect your privacy. When I was in college, and the three college guys I've dated since, all those situations were pretty private. Not one had to worry about being outed before they wanted to tell others.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most college LGBT groups are really good about keeping things quiet, since they have all been in that position at one point or another. You also could say that you are straight until you trust the enough to tell them that you are questioning. good luck :slight_smile: