1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm scared of peoples reactions if I come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dottiecat, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Dottiecat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm 13 and bi and I want to come out to this girl in my class that I know is bi (I'm not meant to know she is bi) I feel like she would understand obviously. I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable or anything though because we sit together in most classes as it's alphabetical order. I was going to come out to my closest friends at the weekend but when I brought the topic up they said they felt it was wrong when people were bi, but they didn't have an issue with gay/lesbians, this made me quite worried about others reactions. Should I come out to this girl? I feel ready but don't want to make her feel uncomfortable around me.

2. zen turtle

It's normal to be scared to come out to people and worry about peoples reactions. This age alot of people are questioning their sexuality and other things similar to that. I understand I'm 16 and I'm pansexual and gemderqueer. No one really knows about this but luckily I go to a school where it's very diverse in sexual preferences and such. But sweetie just remember, its your happiness you need to worry about not theirs. If they don't like it than whatever. Don't worry so much of what people think of you. Make sure if you do come out you're ready and your completely sure you're bi not confused because alot of our hormones are raging at this time. If you need anyone to talk to I'm here. You're not the only one scared of coming out ❤

3. Images and Words

Basically what I was going to say.
    Also, just to mirror zen turtle again, you aren't the only one. The fact that you want to come out to this girl is great. And, if your friends are truly your friends, they'll stand by you. One of my friends was always telling me that being LGBT wasn't normal, I came out to him, and now he's the only one in my group who has stopped using nasty words!

So, yeah. You're not the only one who is scared(*hug*)

4. Dottiecat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks guys :slight_smile: nice to know I'm not alone! I've decided to wait until thursday when we have a class together last lesson of the day, so I can talk to her after school. Wish me luck haha