1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to come out to my parents?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by camelthrow, Nov 2, 2014.

1. camelthrow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I found out when I was 11 or 12 that I liked girls. I've always been terrified about it but I just need to get this off my chest. Any tips on how to do it subtly but no so much that they don't know what I'm talking about?:bang:

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    that is a hard one , maybe when you are all talking change the subject and say hey what do you think about homosexual's ? and see what they say if they are supprotive maybe go ahead and say hey guess what I am ______ and see how that goes .I wish I could give you better advise but I am not sure what to say other than good luck and I hope it all goes well

3. Tardis2020

Do you know how they feel about LGBT people?
    If not try talking about Alan Turing Alan Turing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    A gay genius mathematician and hero, who was convicted of the "crime" of being gay, and committed suicide as a result.

Assuming they have a positive response just say you need to talk about something important, then if they let you talk say "I'm a lesbian" or "I'm gay" whichever you like better.