1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents. Help.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by musicalturtle, Nov 3, 2014.

1. musicalturtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know how to come out as bi to my parents.
    I've come out to quite a few friends and it wasn't to difficult for me but I really don't know how to come out to my parents. I know they'll be supportive but I just don't know how to bring it up.
    I've been thinking about it for what feels like forever, do you think it would be appropriate to write a letter (as I've always expressed myself better in writing) or do you think that I should do it in person?:help:

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yes, if you want to write a letter to your parents that would be a good idea just do whatever you feel is comfortable for you

3. sofie

sofie Guest

I think that you can do whatever you want. If you feel better and more comfortable in writing, then write to them. There is no right or wrong in this situation, you have to do whatever feels best for you. I'm sure they'll have questions and such afterwards and that might be a good time to sit down and have a conversation. This is the way I'm planning on doing it whenever I'm ready anyway :slight_smile: Good Luck!

4. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    How did you bring it up with your friends? It might be applicable for how to do it again, especially with supportive parents.

You're basically telling them 'hey don't be surprised if i bring home a girl'.. if they're decent people it really need be no more complicated than that.

5. ForeverYoung000

We're on the same boat. I was thinking the same thing recently and decided to come out to my parents with a letter when I reach the legal age. Just to be safe. ( because...they aren't fond of homosexuals whatsoever )Whatever seems comfortable with you, be my guest. But be prepared for any harsh replies.

#5 ForeverYoung000, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014