1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is he?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dudethere, Oct 2, 2008.

1. dudethere

ok so im 13 and gay well i havent told mom or dad yetbut i think i will someday but thats not what this is about o no.

OK so im 13 and now everyone starts like girls and boys well i like boy and so i figure i should start going out with people too. So there is this one relay cute guy in my drama club and he is sooo my type. Two problems... 1. there is this guy i used to be friends with and when i told him i was gya he was negative adn relay homophobic, turns out the nice guys from drama is his friedn not like tell u every thing friend but there lockers are side by side im worried how the homophobic ill take it if i asked out the other guy...im kinda scared.

2. Well i dont relay know if this other guy is gay too but he sertanly notices me and i have been sorta flirting but im still not sure.....well we where reading the script and we looked up and our eyes meet so im hoping.

pls give me some addvice on how to find out about my dream guy and how to go about asking him.

Thanks for reading :icon_bigg

2. MacAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude!
    You're 13, you don't have to rush into going out with someone just to satisfy the social clique! Come out on your own schedule, and date who you want, when you want to. That disclaimer out of the way, let's get you a boyfriend if you want one :grin: So this hottie... What signs has he given you that he's gay? Have you caught him checking you out in the locker rooms? If you have a feeling he's gay, you could ask him out for a bite to eat after drama club (assuming its in the afternoon?) and try and get to know him better :slight_smile: Don't worry about your homophobic "friend". If he was really your friend, he'd accept you for who and what you are, the same guy, in a fruity form :slight_smile: Nothing changed about you suddenly when you told him, he just knows. You're the same guy you were-and sometimes you really do have to just rub that in peoples faces.

3. dudethere

Ok so thanks for the addvice but i didnt mean wat i had said about i figure i should too i mean i know this guy and i like him and im at the point where people have BF and GF.

Well i still dont know if he is gay and i dont want to affend him by asking up form hey dude im in too u wanna go out o wait r u gay...

4. Mikeyy

Well, for starters, he's in drama club. That's always a good indication :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Don't say it quite so bluntly - start up some conversations with him that are not so much flirting but rather getting to know him better.

eg... What are you into? - If he answers "guys" (i know a few people who have) go for it! :icon_wink

If not, find a common interest. You could start with theatre...

"Seen any shows lately?"
    "Do you like musicals?"
    "Fave play/musical?"
    etc...

5. Amy

Amy

first off, hes in drama club, theres a very good chance that hes gay. im not stereotyping, im stating fact. :slight_smile: and since he is in theatre, there is a very small chance that hes homophobic.

second, get to know him. itll be easier to tell more about him then.

true, but the second other people start dating, they assume you do to. im a sophomore who has never dated and even the freshmen are annoying me about it.

and, yes, rub it in there faces. exagerate your gay-ness.

6. Noah

I didn't date until I was a senior, and yes you get a lot of crap, but sometimes its better than facing a homophobic school. Make sure you can deal with it.

7. dudethere

wow thanks for the help guys ill keep u posted on wats going on with me and him :grin:

8. Jim1454

You're only 13. Not EVERYONE dates someone at that age. I'd say that's a TV / movie phenomenon - not real life. So don't pressure yourself into thinking that you have to be going out with someone. Be friends first!

9. Alexander

I'm 16. I've never dated, and I'm not looking. Is this because there isn't pressure to date? Or because I wouldn't love a great boyfriend? Neither. You need to rank your goals. At 13, I wouldn't even have serious dating/relationships on my radar. People change so much during high school - I'd wait it out until you finish "baking" into the person you're going to grow to be. You don't need the drama of an intimate relationship this young. Concentrate on your friends.

10. -Michael-

Yeah no need to rush as all have said before me.
    Just see where things go.
    Patience young padiwan.

And learn how to type properly please, i have some trouble interpreting that wierd verion of english aha :slight_smile:

11. James

As others have said, you're only 13 and shouldn't be rushing into relationships. If I were you I would get to know him more (friends) before asking a question like that.