1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out On Facebook (Hope To)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FreeFlow9917, Nov 3, 2014.

1. FreeFlow9917

Damn. Well where do I begin. I am a seventeen year old gay teen who plans on coming out on facebook. But I'm so fucking scared (pardon my language) for the fact that it will impact me negatively and lead me to being killed, raped, or hurt. I'm scared because I feel like ill be ostracized by everybody I know and everything will turn against me. As well as this, how will I find my own love. Will love just come pouring in or will I have to wait to find my prince charming. I feel so lonely and afraid of the affects this could have.

2. tyuiop97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi! About three weeks ago, I was in your exact predicament; a 17 year old guy debating whether or not to make the jump and come out on Facebook. Coming out can definitely be scary. It's honestly really hard to compare experiences because they are often so different from each other. I guess there are a few questions you should answer beforehand to maybe get a better idea of the outcome. Are you fully accepting of yourself? Are you positive that you want to come out to everybody at this time? Do you have a support group you can fall back on if things go bad?
    While it's a good thing to be careful, you also need to be careful to not psych yourself out. Do you have reason to believe things will get as bad as physical violence/hate crimes? Before I came out, I definitely was scared of losing all of my friends. Especially since most of them are guys. After I finally did it, things turned out great and they were supportive and accepting.
    If you don't feel like telling everyone yet, you can always continue to tell people one by one. Your safety and well-being is what's most important :slight_smile: Message me if you need any advice! Good luck!

3. FreeFlow9917

Its basically like a shock factor. I really have only a couple friends who support me and a couple who are religious and just hate gay people. Thx though

4. DoriaN

You're gay, so what.

Should you get a reward for being born?

Pfft next!

No but really, you shouldn't feel bad or worry, you didn't want to be hurt or upset others. This is just a test in your life to prove your mettle. I could of course say all the right words in the world, but just relax and know that you're you, and unless you get hit in the head and re-programmed; it's not changing and it's not your fault.

Give others time to come to you, but be strong! You're just another gear in the machine. Every person coming forward, every person knowing 1 more lgbt individual strengths us, that we might be acknowledged and loved as we love.

Love will find a way, give it time, if you look for signs you'll fall into snares. Take your blessings as you receive them, and owe no one anything but that which you freely give from your heart.