1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stressed out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hidden Angel, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Between school exams - I didn't do as well as I hoped and issues after coming out to my parents I feel like crap. I'm so stressed out, I'm always tired and I just feel so down and I don't know what to do.
    I thought the holidays would help but they haven't I'm still as tired and worn out as I was at they beginning - If anything having to spend more time with my family is making it worse.
    I'm taking vitamins daily and getting plenty of sleep but nothing seems to help. I'm at a dead end and don't know where to go from here, I feel like I'm going around and around in circles and not getting any where.

Plus lately I have really began doubting myself, I have always known where I want to go and what i want to do with my life but know I wonder what will happen if my exam results ect. are not good enough to get there. School is my life and university is my future but I don't know what I will do if I screw things up, if I can't do what I want to then it's going to be like i have nothing.

2. Louise

One good thing to do is to make a list of the things that arn't going well in your life and then a list of what is going well in your life. This will help you get some perspective. Sometimes when you are feeling down you only see the bad things and these whirl around in your head and take up all your energy when in fact if you manage to separte them all out into separate parts it might not seem so bad.

Once you have your list of negative things put them in order of priority and then decide what you can do for the least important of them. Each week try to set yourself the task of finding the solution for one particular problem, little by little, step by step you will make progress. After a month take a look and see the progress you have made.

If you are taking positive steps your stress will become more managable.

3. Jim1454

It isn't easy, but try not to stress about the future. It really doesn't do you any good. Work on today, and what you can do to make it better. It sounds like you're getting lots of rest and you are eating right. So it very likely is the stress that you're feeling between the person you know you are and the person you present on the outside. It's tough to maintain both and keep them separate. Maybe you've reached the point where it's easier to tell your family than to not tell them.

Good luck.

4. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

That's the problem I have told them but I'm pretty much forbidden to talk about it because they think it is disgusting