1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to a Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andrew99, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So in PE today I was walking the track with my friend and there were others on the track but there wasn't anyone to close to us and she told me she is gay. So i kinda wish I came out to her right then but then my heart started pounding so I was like no don't also others were running by. Now I wanna come out to her but I'm trying to figure out how. Any posts would be helpful thanks (*hug*)

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    that is great that she came out to you ! You will be able to tell her when you are ready there is no reason to rush things you just have to find the right time and place .I know that you will do great !

3. Blossom85

I think maybe asking her to hang out where other people won't heart see if she wants to get some coffee or just hang and then just maybe mention how her coming out to you made you realize how much you wanted to do the same, just something like that. It doesn't have to be anything big or formal.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks :slight_smile: honestly I've only came out to people through txt message so I think that's y I was so nervous I wanted to but my heart was pounding so fast it made my head hurt but I plan on it soon. I think whenever she brings it up again I'll come out to her.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This sounds like a good plan, Andrew.

It's possible that you will find a good time to come out to her, even before she brings it up again. :slight_smile:

6. StephenB

StephenB Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly. You don't have to rush, but you don't have to wait for her to bring it up again either. She may not, so if you want her to know, you may need to bring it up.

One way you could quietly do it, would be to simply say "remember what you told me about you on Tuesday (or whatever day)?" "Yeah?" "I am too". Simple. Easy. No drama.

Just a thought :slight_smile:

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Idk I think I might just tell her tomorrow if were alone but I'm not really worried about it since I know I'll be able to trust her. I'm not sure when I'll do it but I plan on it soon and I'll be sure to tell u guys about it. Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

8. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

You can come out to her at a place where there are not many people (if you prefer privacy). Maybe in a cafe. :slight_smile:

9. Really

You: "So, have you met any nice girls?"
    Her: "No."
    You: "How about boys?"
    Her: "Wha?"
    You: "For me."

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I didn't come out to her today are classes were really short bc we had an extra late start. Also we weren't really alone but the conversation about gays did come up but some people were around that we both really don't like so I'm not sure yet but I plan to come out to her soon and I'll be sure to tell u guys all about it. Thanks everyone :slight_smile: