1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to come out to family, but completely lost

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confuzzled82, Nov 5, 2014.

1. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, I'm coming to a point where keeping myself a secret from my parents and my brother is really getting stressful. I'm tired of hiding from them. I want to come out, but I'm completely lost. I can't come up with a way to test the waters before coming out. I'm tired of them expecting me to be a guy, calling me a guy, insinuating I need to look more like a guy... (my dad really can't stand my hair. Just a little longer, and I can actually tie it back into a ponytail. I just have a few clumps up front that won't reach right now) In a way, these expectations are worse than my missing chest, or seeing the parts I shouldn't have....

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

I'm in the same boat. Sort of. My parents don't believe me when I tell them I'm their son, because I was "SUCH a feminine little girl", and was into dresses/dolls/princesses and all that jazz. I'm currently writing a long letter to them, filled with plenty of scientific and emotional evidence of my maleness, in the hope of convincing them to buy me a chest binder. :grin: Maybe you should try something similar? (Minus the chest binder part, of course)