1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a pressure cooker about to explode...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pie, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Pie

Pie Guest

... And this post is a way for me to vent my feelings.

I am in senior year of high school and realised (actually FINALLY accepted it) I was gay this summer. I made a point to come out this year to my close family and at school because I'm tired of living a fake life.

I can't keep this secret anymore, it's killing me. I want to come out to my friends but I never have an occasion. Everybody assumes I like girls, every guy in my class talks about girls, and everytime that happens I feel awkward deep inside, I wish I could disappear. There is a guy who is very homophobic in my class. He's like "Being gay is a sin", "Homosexual propaganda is everywhere". I feel very bad/sick every time he's around me, he's oppressing me (but he doesn't know it and he doesn't mean to).

I also want to come out to my brother (13 years old) but I fear that he'll reject me.

It seems that the longer I wait, the worse it gets. When I come home after school, I feel like shit because I haven't come out yet and I'm such a hypocrite with everybody. This makes me sad, I'm getting more and more asocial, I don't work enough for school, I'm loosing contact with my parents. Coming out basically consumes my every thought and the only way it will get better is if I come out. Logical, obvious, but I can't do it. :bang:

The only easy way I see is if someone asks me about my "girlfriend". But in 3 years of high school it never happened.

As I said, I'm just "venting" my emotions so there's not much advice to be given. Though tell me if you can relate to my situation.

2. StephenB

StephenB Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember exactly how you feel! All I can say, is that it does, indeed, get better! :slight_smile: . If you ever need any advise, let me know :slight_smile: .

3. Pie

Pie Guest

Thanks for the kind words! I'll let you know if I have specific questions. Atm I'm just overwhelmed with feelings. :slight_smile:

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i can relate somewhat, i have to come out to my son but can't till after the divorce is final so his mother cant try to screw with the custody but i know in time it will get better for me and for you.

5. iiimee

Hmm, this is rough for you. My advice is to do it whenever you are most comfortable. Granted, coming out feels like you're swallowing your gut, but if you don't think you can take hiding, I suggest at least trying to come out to close friends and family. I wish for a world where people can be completely accepting of each other's differences, but we are so far from that in the LGBT community. Still, only come out when you're ready. If you think you can, try to gradually tell people. You don't have to be completely open all at once. Still, don't deny who you are. Even if you don't admit to it, be proud of what you are in secret. Wish I could be of more help, but that's my advice! Good luck!

6. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    Do whatever makes you comfortable. When I was coming out for the first time (my family and a few friends still don't know) the first person I told was a gay friend. Obviously, that went well-and I felt so relieved that I was able to tell a straight mentor who I really trusted. After that, I kept telling people I trusted-another straight mentor, my best friend and his family (they're kind of my family too). It gets easier, just do what makes you comfortable.

7. Perseus

Actually, I can very much relate to your circumstances. I assume that we both live in pretty similar environments. First of all, congratulations on accepting yourself because the first person you have to come out to is yourself :slight_smile: Also, don't stress about coming out. I know that you'd feel like just screaming it out sometimes, I do too, but don't blame it on yourself, there will be a time when you feel like it is just right to come out. Or... that you just had a boost of confidence :slight_smile: #noregrets but, always be true to yourself :slight_smile: best of luck! I always thought people were homophobic, but that changed when I came out. Remember that there is always a possibility that you might loose some friends, but that's up to you to decide whether that friend is worth it

8. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats on finally accepting your self :slight_smile: ,as far as you telling other I know how you feel it is really hard I too am having a hard time with this one . All I can say is that you will come out when you are ready to come out I would not worry to much about and I definitely do not think you should rush things it will happen when it happens . You will do great and yes your brother is young but you might be surprised he may already know if he don't know already he still might be really happy for you and be very supportive .You just never know how somebody will react until you tell them . I say this to you try not to worry too much sit back relax take a deep breath and let things happen I wish you all the best of luck my friend .If you ever need to vent or just want to talk I would be glad to help you out . Have a great day