1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

afraid to be cut off

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by David21201, Nov 5, 2014.

1. David21201

so i am out to pretty much everybody BUT my parents. I am at a age [13] where I completely depend on them. I am afraid that they will kick me out. If they do the place I'd stay is no longer there.
    I have no idea about how my parents feel on the matter of homosexuality. Both are devote Christians... and i mean borderline almost following the Bible word for word
    If you have ANY advice as to coming out and/or a place to go if I do get kickec out i would love to hear it!

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're still afraid, try to keep it a secret until your independent. Also, look into your schools gay straight alliance.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Pretty much what resu mentioned. If you feel that your parents might not be supportive/accepting it would be worthwhile to wait with coming out.

I would suggest that you continue to build your support network by joining LGBT youth support groups and perhaps even trying to come out to teachers, whom you can trust, and also know would be supportive.

This could help you in building a strong support network on which you can rely on, and draw support from, if and when you need it.

4. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Try mentioning about some celebrities who have come out and see what is your parents' reaction. If it is positive, you can consider coming out to them.

If not, I think its better to wait till you are older.

Wish you all the best :slight_smile:

5. David21201

Would you know of any groups?I would join GSA but my moms a highschool teacher and its only offered through them where i live. Therefore my mom WOULD find out indirectly.
    I have been giving them hints, such as we were talking about birth control and i simply said that i wont need it... they still havent caught on...