1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted to but..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Cyril, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Cyril

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wanted to come out to my family and friends, but the thing is I am scared. It's hard for me and sometimes I'm not happy with myself anymore. I am still questioning about my sexuality, though, I know labels does not matter but in my current position it is. I am Catholic and coming out to my family is the first thing that stops me to do it. I'm not comfortable anymore with the whole hiding thing but scared to lose the people who matter to me. My mom suspects it but she's still in denial no matter what explanation I gave to her. Need some help here guys.:help::help::help:

2. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) First of all, have a big hug for getting this far.

Coming out is difficult. It is scary. It can be dangerous and it can be painful.

So what gives you the courage to take that leap without knowing the result? I think that is something each of us have to answer for ourselves.

My advice would be to think long term about what the consequences are for you if you choose not to come out. Also make a list of things that might happen if you do come out. For some people the process is easy. For others it is hard. It took me a long time and an enormous amount of suffering before I finally found the strength to be open about what I wanted. Being in the closet can be a slow death by inches. Mental health degrades. Physical health degrades. Friendships and relationships often suffer. While it's important to be sure it is safe and you are ready to do it, it's also important to be aware of what denying a part of yourself will do to you.