1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've made it this far, what comes next?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ravenn, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Ravenn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I apologize in advance for the rant but up until now these thoughts have never left my mind. For as long as i can remember I've been struck with these feelings coming more frequently as time passed. I'm feeling less comfortable and more frustrated in my own skin every second and up until about a couple months or ago i tried to deny these creeping notions. Then one day it just clicked, it's like i finally started listening to my brain telling me "I'm supposed to be a girl!". Ever since, the compulsions I once thought plagued me now embrace me as I'm trying to find more ways to feel feminine. Then in one of my late nights reading up on transgender topics and how I've been feeling, I stumbled upon this website and with all the positive threads i realized i wasn't nearly as alone a i once thought. I'm not sure why it took so long to accept what I've known deep down all along. some of my earliest memories are at age 6 trying on my sisters makeup and dance recital outfit on several different occasions. Then years later through up until i moved out whenever no one else was home I'd put on her clothes to walk around the house in. It felt so liberating but the second the clothed came off I was questioning why I just did that. then in 2004 I was introduced to skinny jeans and literally haven't worn anything but since. now I have a dress, a few panties, cut off jeans and tops that i usually sleep in but have never seen outside of my room. I'm finally accepting who i am but I don't know if I'm ready for everyone else to. So of all place to come out I figured this would be one of the best place to start. Hopefully this will be a good place to build some more self confidence and get some advice along this journey, hell maybe even make some friends along the way. But right now my biggest question is, where/how do i go from here?