1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to an old friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by easter, Nov 7, 2014.

1. easter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello.

I have this friend who was in the same school as me for like 3-4 years ago. At that time we hung out very often, we met each other every day. We switched schools and didnt have any more contact. But now I have started seeing this person agian. We kind of is "pub friends" now :grin: meets at least 1 time/months.
    First of I just wonder if its a wierd feeling that I wanna come out to this person from "nowhere"? we are not close at all.

Ive only come out to a few friends(whos pretty close to me, or was when I came out to them) so this coming out thing is still VERY new to me. Can you please give me some tips how to come out? I have never come out irl, eye to eye, only via sms...I WANT to come it irl but i dotn know how to start that conversation or what to say :icon_sad: Im also very shy and that doesnt make it better xD

Anyway, I know thsi person is ok with homosexuals and that whole thing. or im almost positive thats the case..but still i think its so hard :frowning2:

2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Madame

I would like to say what I have told many others. The best thing is to make sure no distractions are present and it's just the two of you. To start it just be straight forward with them. If coming out is new then take your time. It's not a race. Lastly remember what Franklin D. Roosevelt said, "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself".

The king