1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do with my life?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Burnedcloset, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Burnedcloset

So I'm going to explain my situation. I'll try to keep it short.

I live in a anti gay house. I'm not aloud to get a job. Not aloud to date. Not aloud to go anywhere too long by myself. Not aloud to go to school/college.
    They just want me to wait for them to find me a girl and get married.

I don't know what to do. I've been so depressed on the inside lately but I can't even show it. I have to act like i'm smiling and happy.

I hate my family so much but, at the same time I love them.
    How do I leave and make my own life? How long can I keep this going?

Do you think I can get a job with a high school education? Enough to pay for basic living expenses? Do you think I could handle the job as I only really have about a 5th grade education?

My life has been a lie for too long and I can't take it anymore. I don't want to live on my own but, I will have to.

2. NatWheeled

Uhm....I'd think having a good job to support your future wife with would be something your family would want. I'm so lost on the whole no job thing.

I dunno where you live so can't really answer your question regarding the ability to get a job with Lil education. I know that here you can, they'd be labor intensive n prolly pay min wage

3. Candace

Why would they not want you to get a job?? My parents forced me to get a job so that I could support myself. That is utterly ridiculous!! :bang:

I think that you could get a job with a high school education, absolutely. There are 16-17 year olds who are currently working. But don't be expected to find awesome, amazing jobs. Think...fast food, supermarkets, dry cleaners, etc. Hey, it may not be your dream job, but it's a honest job and you'll be making *your own* money.

4. Burnedcloset

In my culture the wife HAS to make the money. I don't really want to explain. I do live in the us in the south though.

5. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow this is a tough spot you are in . I have to agree that this a strange one I was taught that you get an education ,get a job, find a mate ,the settle down and live happy for the rest of your days . rofl like that would really happen anyway back to you I don't understand why they will not let you work that is silly .Yes I think that you could find a job to support yourself but like NatWheeled and Candace said it will be prob a job that is manual labor or even factory work .Some thing in the fast food area or things like this . Don t get me wrong these are not bad jobs they are just usually a first job for somebody just starting out and almost always it will be minimum wage pay . I have done these types of jobs for years and I have been able to support a family of 4 on them so if you watch what you do with your money you can make it . I wish you all the best of luck . Please if you ever need to talk let me know I would love to listen :slight_smile: