1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eh...I can't decide what to do...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by berileos, Oct 4, 2008.

1. berileos

berileos Guest

I thought about online dating and I found a guy who's 18 and looking for a friend in the town where I'm going to school.Now I'm not sure whether I want to contact him...:confused:
    The thing is I'm afraid of being revealed(the same reason I came to this site and not any Serbian),or he might not keep it secret.I just want to experiment 'cause I never was in any kind of relationship...but I don't dare.
    What are your thoughts about it?

2. SpacerX

i'd say go for it man, there's no point denying yourself a chance at happiness. other people might eventually find out anyway so i think it's worth the risk.

chances like these are not that common for most people, so try your luck!

3. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

just go for it who knows what might happen

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Given that you have the reservations and are a bit concerned I would caution you just to plunge into it. Yes, it is an opportunity but you always have to weight the potential good against your worries. Living in Serbia, your fears are warranted as you don't know how people around you will react.

Before you make any arraignments to meet him in person, I think you should try to make sure that he is who he says he is as best as you can. Try to chat with him for a few weeks online. Ask him a few questions that will allow you to feel comfortable with what he says. If you decide to meet with him, meet him in an open and public place. Think about your safety first!

Hope this helps!

5. Mikeyy

I agree with Asteroid - you have to be really careful when organizing to meet people online. Not everyone is who they say they are or intend to do what they say they'll do. For all you know it could be some old lady who's planning to rob you. So if you decide to go ahead with this, do so with caution.

6. berileos

berileos Guest

The point is,I'm still trying to figure out if I'm really gay 'cause I'm still not sure...as stupid as it sounds:rolleyes:
    My mind is getting confused,seems that I'll have to visit psychiatrist soon or later...:eusa_doh:

7. No One

well i dont think its a good idea to use this guy but if you like him and you want a chance to discover who you are maybe you should go for it

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, being unsure about your sexual identity does not sound stupid. It will take some time to figure it out. I am not so sure if whether hooking up with someone that you do not know will help you to figure it out. In fact, it might just confuse you even more as you start building up expectations that might not be met. Also, it would not be fair to him either.

Why don't you try a different approach? You are in Novi Sad, right? Novi Sad has GLBT organizations. Perhaps you could contact one or two of them and see if you can join them or get some leads on where gay youths around your age meet. Like this you will not only meet new people, but you will also get a chance to get to know people who are going through what you are going through. This might actually help you in figuring things out. I think it would be safe given that it is outside of your school and people in the organizations/youth groups will understand your fears and how difficult this is for you. If you want, give it a try.

I think your idea of visiting a counselor is a good idea. I think you should talk to someone, which can only help you in your journey to figure it all out.

Hope this helps!