1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Catholic and gay...ohh

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by crimsonarcher, Oct 4, 2008.

1. crimsonarcher

While the scene shifts of "the crucible", right before my scene, I read this book that was in the dressing room about sexuality. and I realized that...well..

what if what I've been doing is wrong, like coming out in general?
    I feel stupid for feeling this, but now I feel like I have to ask for forgiveness and even confess anonymously. Why do I feel like I'm doing something wrong?
    I love God, i really do, and I want to be more religious and spiritual, but now I...gah, what do i do?!
    :frowning2:

2. Ronnie92

You love God correct? Well God loves you no matter what you do. For God so loved the world that he gave his only forgotten son and WHOSOEVER believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. If God just loved the straight people that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Continue to be true to yourself,you can be more religious,Lord knows I have since I started coming out.

3. SpacerX

God made you, therefore you are a part of God, therefore God is at least bisexual...

4. Amy

Amy

^ :roflmao: ^

thats what i was going to say :slight_smile:

5. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm Mennonite and gay, it took me a while to eliminate the fundamentalist opinions of other people from my head but now I've realized that most of their arguments are baseless...

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! One, visit the website that Becky recommended... and two, remember that God loves everybody. Also, if you believe that god has a purpose for you on earth, how can coming out and being yourself be wrong? God wants you to be happy and wants you to enjoy life. You can be be gay and religious and spiritual. There are lots of gays who are. There is no conflict with being gay and religious....

Hope this helps!

8. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to agree with everyone, God loves everybody, because he created us all. Why should you confess who you are to someone who already knows and loves you for it? If he didn't want you to be the way you are, he wouldn't have made you that way.

Perhaps the regret and guilt you feel is from the homophobic society that's all around us; you feel pressured that what you are and what you've done is wrong because the majority of people dislike, hate or fear people who aren't straight. God can't dictate how we should think and feel because he blessed us with freewill and a soul, although this may not always be evident in some people.

You will be tested throughout your life, and although we may not know why God does this, we know that what he does is right and will make us better people. You should consult your friends, family and local priest/vicar for guidance, if you are unsure in your heart what to do.

I think what you are doing is right (coming out), because you are staying true to yourself and how God wished you to be. If people hate you for what you are, love them all the more, because they need it. Becoming more religious and spiritual, becoming a priest for example, just means that you vow to spend the rest of your life like Jesus. You may not want to take such a decision, but you can still practise Jesus' morals in your day-to-day life.

I hope that you find answers to your prayers and worries.

9. mikeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure how much I can add to what has already been said... but, I was brought up in a fairly religious Catholic family, even went to Catholic school for a while. While the church may officially disagree with homosexual acts, the idea of loving another person, male or female, can certainly not offend the God I was taught to believe in.

The person I have been going out with is very religious, much more than I am, and I've found out that many (non-Catholic) churches are very accepting of gay people. Sometimes it seems that the Catholic church just gets stuck with the old traditions.

I hope you do not think you are committing a sin for being who you are. Personally, I think it is these groups with blind hatred (Westboro Baptist, etc) who are the ones that are on a crash-course to damnation. I really feel sorry for them, I don't think they even hear the things they are saying.

-Michael

10. No One

Well i believe god loves everyone i dont think you have anything to worry about i mean there are alot of things that they bible says are wrong like mixing cloth and eating pork but even the catholic fathers do both of those

11. No One

i know how you feel im about to come out and my dad is a preacher now i dont know much about catholic stuff but i don know what its like to be gay in a religion that dosnt really accept gay people honestly i dont think you are doing anything wronge i dont think im doing anything wrong either i think that if the verse "for god so love the world that he gave his only son that whom ever believed in him would not be damned but live with him for eternity" is true then i think you/we will be OK.