1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out presentation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaynerd64, Nov 9, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

Because I am a socially awkward person I came up with the idea of a "Coming Out" presentation to show my parents a few months ago. Of course I had numerous issues at that time so I shelved the idea. Now I think that it would be a handy thing to have in the event that I need to come out to other people in the future. Thoughts?

2. NatWheeled

Presentation? Like PowerPoint? Well whatever works I guess.

3. gaynerd64

Yes, Powerpoint. I should have specified.

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would suggest that you make a video instead, sort of like the "my coming out story" videos on YouTube, only make it in the present tense, instead of the past tense. You can then send it to anyone you want to come out to, or you can upload it as a private video on YouTube and only give the people you want to see it the URL to access it. A video is much more "human" and sympathetic than a PowerPoint presentation, which is more like one of those videos where people write their "presentation" out on pieces of paper and reveal them one by one as a pseudo PP presentation, which takes a great deal of time to sit through, and like an actual PP presentation is capable of putting anyone who is not an insomniac to sleep.

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should do it in away that works for you. If you have. A presentation your comfortable with, that's great.

6. ladywithquestio

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I, too, think it's best to do whatever works best for you -- whether a presentation or some other way.

7. Perseus

You shouldn't be limited to what ways to come out :slight_smile: Just do what makes you feel the most comfortable... if that be it... so what? :slight_smile: