1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really nervous... should I do it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by oohkeagiechuu, Nov 10, 2014.

1. alright, so I haven't come out to anyone, and actually only recently accepted my pan-cakeyness (haha)... a few months ago, although I've secretly known and hated myself for it for years. I'm honestly very proud of myself for accepting who I am, but now I really want to tell someone and get it off of my chest! I come from a very conservative family and am positive that if I told my parents at this point,they would get angry and shove a bible in my face.I've heard my mom, and even worse my grandparents' opinions on LGBT, let's just say it's very ugly, and makes me ashamed of myself when I just sit there and nod at what they say... when I feel inside like they're talking about me, and I know that they're wrong! I'm only thwell almost 14), so I'm not sure if now is a good time to come out or not, but I'm very sure of my sexuality etc, and am tired of keeping it in. quite a few of my friends are also very religious so that wouldn't work either. I have a very close friend who is bi... but she's also my crush... he he look where I've put myself. I'm afraid that if I come out to her, she'll realize that I like her. it feels like an exciting accomplishment (accepting that I'm pan) is outweighed by the stress of keeping it in and fearing judgment and hate. I would appreciate any advice a ton! thanks for just reading this long thing:slight_smile:
    ~keagie

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello oohkeagiechuu, I am so sorry that you are in such a bad spot . The only thing I can say is maybe you can go to what ever family member that you are closest to and try to feel them out and try to come out to that person . I don't know if that will work or not but I can only hope it will .I am sorry that I am not much help and this is only my opinion . I wish you the best of luck and please feel free to message me if you need to talk I would be glad to talk anytime .

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey,

Coming out to us and to yourself is already a big step. You mentioned one of your close friends is bi, and, even though you may feel as if it's risky to come out to her, I don't think she'll assume you're attracted, since she probably would have the same concerns if she came out to another girl. It's more likely she'll assume that you came out to her since she's bi, and you just needed some inside support.

Be careful - and, if you decide to come out, good luck.

4. oh you're so nice!!!!! thank you, and I'll look into that:slight_smile: I suppose I have time to think about it for now, luckily I found this place and all of the wonderfully supportive people who occupy this corner of the internet. I feel so much better actually talking to someone about it at long last

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2014 at 12:48 AM ----------

thank you so much, I think I'm gonna try and do it soon, hopefully I don't chicken out *gulp* ...