1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety and Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cr9814cr, Nov 11, 2014.

1. cr9814cr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anybody have any advice to curb the anxiety with coming out? I am ready to tell some of my close friends and I know they will be accepting, but I have this paralyzing anxiety when it comes to telling them. It takes my breath away, makes my heart pound, and my head spin. I have tried to tell one of them, but when I type out the text and I'm ready to send it, my hands freeze my heart races, my world stops almost.

If anybody has ANY ways of dealing with this horrible anxiety, please help. Thank you in advance.

2. DoriaN

Sorta.

Instead of telling them which feels impossible, I prefer to leave clues or 'accidentally' out myself.

It's easier if they come to you first >_>

3. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    I felt it the first time I came out. I still feel it when I think about coming out to my parents. It's perfectly normal.

The way I got over it was telling someone via text; that way I couldn't back out. I typed my message, hit send, and that was the end of it. I only freaked out until I got a message back, and it worked for me.

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The way to get rid of the anxiety is to "just do it" and get it over with; no more anxiety.

"Sometimes you just have to say, WTF".