1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some advice about school...University actually.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Oct 5, 2008.

1. MusicIsLife

Okay, so when i graduated high school, i always said that i never wanted to go to university. I didnt even wanna go to Cegep [its like pre-university here] but i went anyway. I finally figured out i wanted to be a sound tech, so i went to a private college called recording arts canada, which is where i am now.

While there, i kinda realised that even though i was in doing what i loved, which is music, my other passion was left in the dust, and that totally bummed me out.

My other passion is creative writing, so i decided i wanted to go to one of the local universities. I wanna major in english lit and have a minor in women's studies.

But theres a problem.

The requirements for getting in is that i have a DEC, which is a diploma you receive when you graduate from Cegep. At the school im at, i will only receive and AEC. Dont ask me what they stand for, cause i dunno. All i know is that the AEC allows me to work when i graduate from RAC, my current school.

The school from what i know is pretty flexible, so after i graduate, should i just try to apply to the university, or go and get my DEC [another 2 years of cegep] and then apply?

2. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I would say give it a shot and apply and if you don;t get in then go and get your DEC.

3. Jim1454

I'm really not familiar with the system in Quebec. Perhaps you've earned some credits towards the DEC - so it might not take a full 2 additional years. The only way to find out is to ask. Send a letter to the school you want to attend, or call them. Someone might be able to give you better direction than I can.