1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so... one parent down 2 to go

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by David21201, Nov 11, 2014.

1. David21201

ok in this case she isnt really my mom. She's actually my best friend's mom. I've called her mom since the day i met her.
    I came out to her today. I wasn't in the best of moods and my bff was at school. (they moved a few weeks ago to a different state) so i was texting her using my real mom's phone. We started texting, saying how much she misses my partner and I being with them. I told her to fly us out.
    After that I simply said, "You would allow a gay in your home right?" She asked me if i was serious i said yes. She asked if i thought it through and how long did i know, i said yes & 4th grade. She then asked me uf her daughter (my friend) knew. I said yes. I asked if i was kicked iut of my home if i could live with them, Mom replied (copied from text) "You are always welcome in my home no matter what. I said when we left it was the hardest to leave you and R. You are welcome no matter who you are and what your sexual orientation is :slight_smile: "
    This made my entire day. Now for my real family....

2. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    If your biologically family doesn't support you, your best friend's family is your real family. It's more than just blood.

I hope it goes well, but even if it doesn't-look at the awesome person who's going to stand by you, no matter what.

3. David21201

I get what youre saying. They have been more of a family to me than my actual family and i think thats not going to change

4. murphyslawofme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Family is more than blood. Your family is the people who will love you and care about you no matter what.
    If your biological family doesn't stand by you, then your friend's family is your true family.
    Good luck. I hope it goes well for you.

5. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OMG that is so awesome of her to support you like that .I am so jealous right now :slight_smile: . I hope that you have just as much support from your real family good luck and keep us updated please .

6. ChameleonSoul

It's good to hear that you have a safety net should you decide to come out to your parents and have things not go well with them. I'm kind of jealous to be honest. Do you think she would adopt me? :lol:

7. David21201

ill keep you all updated! Yeah shes been a major supporter for the past 2 years (lots of stuff happened) She called me today and said she told her husband , my "dad" and he is,or should i now say WAS homophobic. He fully supports me too. Best week so far of my life! @ChameleonSoul lol probably ^.^

8. Blossom85

That is wonderful news and family is so much more then blood.. I hope it all goes well with your real mom as well.