1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out to My Dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rainbow Girl, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Rainbow Girl

My Dad and I are attending a weekend long event together this weekend and I want to come out to him before then so I don't have to hide who I am at the event (which is a totally accepting environment by the way). I was asking my friends at lunch today and they thought I should wait until after in case he needs to time to process. But the thing is I know my Dad will be 100% supportive and we talk about gay rights all the time he's 100% supportive of that (don't ask me why I haven't told him yet. I don't know that myself). Also I'm 99.9% sure he already knows or highly suspects. Based on that, is it okay to go ahead and tell him or should I wait until after the event? Thanks.

2. Perseus

Based off what you said... it doesn't really sound like he would need much time to digest it. Especially if he's that supportive and your mum already knows :slight_smile: Go with what your heart tells you to do!

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I say go for it ! But I can 't tell you what to do and remember this you will come out when you are ready to no reason to rush things but I feel like he will be OK with it and be very supportive ! good luck my new friend

4. ChameleonSoul

Why not? It doesn't sound like he'd have any reason to be mad at you. If anything, it might actually make things go better at the event due to the whole "you two can tell each other anything" thing. Go ahead and tell him if you want. I'm sure he'll be fine with it.

5. David21201

sounds like u should!
    good luck ^.^