1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could someone take a look at my coming out letter?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cr9814cr, Nov 12, 2014.

1. cr9814cr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There has been something I have wanted to say for a long time now. To remove the pressure and weight from my body, mind, and spirit, to release the anxiety and pain from keeping my true self inside is going to be a great deal for me. As most may know, my anxiety is the most paralyzing overwhelming thing that can overcome me. It takes my breath, makes my heart pound, and makes my mind race. It paralyzes my body and my voice. This is one of its triggers.
    It is hard to put these things into words. I know most people have assumed and questioned for a while now, so here it is. I am gay. I know there will be questions and concerns about this so I am going to try to answer as many as I can right here.
    I am me. I am as me as I will get. I cannot change who I am. I love myself and I love who I have become. I am happy with myself.
    I was born this way. No traumatic thing happened in my life to “turn me gay.” I was blessed with this, and I consider it to be one of the biggest blessings I was given. As a very wise and inspirational man, the current CEO of one of the most valuable companies in the world once said “I am proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me.” Tim Cook, my role model, the inspiration behind so much in not only my life but the lives of so many young people in this world, came out publicly on October 30th, 2014 and the words that were said in his letter to the world inspired me to write my own, to come out to my family and friends.
    I am the same person. I am the same Chase I have always been. I’ll just show my true self. I am going to be myself. Worrying if someone has seen that a boy has texted me or that there are shirtless pictures of Nick Jonas on my phone is not how I want to be the rest of my life. I want to be able to walk down the street and see the people I like and I want to have the confidence to be myself and talk to them, doing this will give me that. I want to be able to talk to my friends and talk about my life that I haven’t been able to talk about for so long. I want to do so much. With this, I will receive it.
    There are always going to be those people in this world that are full of hatred and hurt in their own selves. There will be people who do not accept me and who won’t support me. Those are not people I will spend my time bothering to turn around, to waste my time on a useless cause. If they feel they feel the need to warm up to the idea of me being who I am then so be it.
    I am going to live to be myself and who I am for the rest of my life. I am inspired by the family members and friends who have come out and helped me make decisions in my life to come out myself.
    I am happy with who I am and who I am going to be. I hope you will be accepting and encouraging. I hope your thoughts or views of me are not changed. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me anytime.

-

I am so excited to start the coming out process and telling all of my family and friends. My anxiety is the biggest mountain in my way so if I ever have something big to tell somebody, I tell them through writing. The words flow smoothly as my fingers scroll across the keys. If anything needs to be changed or revised please feel free to let me know!

2. ajsivy

looks great, way better than mine. I wish you the best of luck

3. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi cr9814cr

What a fantastic letter. Well done. I wouldn't change a thing.

Let us know how you get on, and best wishes.

4. Adarya

This is beautifully worded, and you shouldn't change a thing! I wish you the best of luck when you choose to use it (*hug*)

I came out to my parents in a letter as well, so I definitely know how you're feeling when you say the words flow to your fingers while writing it. It's a wonderful way to come out to people, especially if you know you might not be able to get it out when speaking to them.

5. DoriaN

Looks fantastic!

I myself consider being bi+trans a gift from God. It opened my eyes and showed me so much, and I feel it's almost a way for me to relate to those who struggle and to try to bridge love and faith between those who were 'fortunate' enough to be born cis/straight.

It makes me want to write my own, if even just to portray how I feel better to my father/mother/sister.

Good luck brother! <3

6. cr9814cr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you all so much! The encouragement is pushing me to print it and give it to a friend! Thank you for your support :icon_bigg (*hug*)

7. QueHaPasado

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That is a wonderful letter! People who can express themselves so well are rare in the world; consider that to be yet another gift. :wink:

Oh, and in your coming out process, please take care of yourself. I can relate to having anxiety problems and I know how anxiety can flare up even when it "shouldn't." But your letter shows an incredible confidence in yourself, so I believe you can keep that confidence. Prayers, positive thoughts, etc. go out to you!

8. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think that is probably the best letter I have read so far ! I would go with it don't change anything .I wish you the best of luck!

9. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very nice! There was one comma splice if you're worried about that (...talk to them, doing this will give me that.), but I think that might just have been a typo. Other than that, incredibly well-worded and very explanatory to those who may have questions or not quite understand.

Like several people above have said, seeing letters like these are encouraging to other people who are struggling with coming out. I wish you the best of luck, and please don't hesitate to message me if you ever want to chat!

10. Blossom85

That sounds really well written and from the heart and I think that is all that matters.