1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by elitechris, Oct 5, 2008.

1. elitechris

well i have this problem... i don't know if it's that important but it really has been bothing me in school...

so my friend [a girl] and i we're like best friends last year in high school
    i even told her about me kinda being gay and she took it pretty well

this year we only have PE together so i was pretty sad but ok with it because she was there
    everyday we would hang out together in tha class until she began to talk to someother guy

she told me she liked him and i told her i didnt because i think hes too cocky [in reality i actually liked him]
    now they have begun to talk and hang out all of the PE peiod and i am jealous

i dont know if im jealous because i like the guy and my friend likes him too...
    or because she likes him more as a friend then she likes me

this past week i have been ignoring her just like she has done to me bacause she only hangs out with him
    i think they might have started going out but i heard they are just friends

should i just keep ignoring her or keep being her friend even tough she doesnt hang out with me like we used to?

2. You remind me of someone...me! haha. I do get jealous when my friends ignore me. It's pretty hard for me because I just jump to conclusions and form pessimistic assumptions.

See how it goes for about another week. If nothing changes, talk to her. Remember to do it in a kind and calm tone. See what she has to say.

I think you might be frustrated with the fact she hangs out with him more than she hangs out with you. It's happened to me before!! good luck :slight_smile:

3. Richykins

Richykins Guest

I wouldnt ignore her, if she is ignoring you out of malice then you ignoring her will just make you sink to her level. Though it doesnt sound like she is bieng malicious to me, so ignoring her would probably hurt her feelings. I think all that has happened is she has a new friend and is excited about it and wants to get to know him more.

If she did go out with him then you should be happy for her, would you really want to ruin her chances for happiness out of jealousy? Would you rather her deny her own feelings so that she could please you? I would hope not.

I would suggest you try and hang out with them both. And even if you cannot integrate yourself into their new friendship, don't cut ties with her. Think of your history together, you shouldnt just throw it away.

Have the serenity to know the things you cannot change
    Courage to change the things you can
    And the wisdom to tell the difference between the two.

4. elitechris

1st post:
    i totally hate that! i just hate looking like a loner...
    i'll see what happens this week

2nd post:
    i think she is excited about being his friend...
    i''ll try to get somewhere in the middle... or at least in the corner :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

thanks to you both!
    please leave some advice if you have some :slight_smile:

5. Kenny9210

Kenny9210 Guest

So she is a pretty close friend of yours? your best friend of last year...I don't think you should ignore her completely if you even care about her. I understand you might be jeolous because shes getting really close to the guy you like or that shes not focusing on you as much, but theres nothing you can do about that. The main question is, how much do you value her friendship? Do you want her as a friend, even if you can't have her all to yourself or as much as you did last year? or do you not want her at all. Its completely youre decision, and it depends on your friendship with her.

Well if she was a close friend of mine and I cared about her, I wouldn't ignore her just because she has a crush and wants to be with a guy. But if she is ignoring you and doesn't seem to care that you guys aren't talking anymore, well I would talk to her if I was you. Well I hope everything turns out okay

#5 Kenny9210, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
  6. elitechris

your right... i don't like being a control freak
    i'll just see what happens
    i will try to keep the same relationship with her if i see she wants it that way

7. Yes, sometimes you have to "go with the flow". See what happens and let us know! :thumbsup:

8. elitechris

the week is finally over!
    god it was long...

well it got a little bit better :slight_smile:

in PE we actually talked a little bit and we walked to the shopping center near our school the past 2 days... she told me why i was ignoring her but she didnt give me a chance to explain and just talked about her and the guy and how they are going to homecoming together and how she thinks he likes her... and she's going to see High School Musical 3 with him even though when i mentioned the movie like 2 months ago she said i was stupid :confused:

today when i was leaving school i saw them hold hands so i guess they might be going out

but if she's happy i'm happy
    :slight_smile: