1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my bff and it did not go so well

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by VeddiaVonkin, Nov 13, 2014.

1. VeddiaVonkin

I use to love my Best friend but when i came out as pansexual on tumblr, before i realized i was a lesbian, in fall she called me and was really rude. interrogating me. Saying stuff like why did i put incriminating evidence on my tumblr and kept asking when i was clearly crying and having a panic attack over the phone. i hung up while panicking and apologized to her and she was still mad. she wouldn't talk to me anymore that day and i cried my eyes out and nearly killed myself thinking that she would out me and i just lost my best friend.
    When i got to school she was cold to me for a while. After a few weeks she acted like nothing happened and she never apologized to me and it was like we were still perfect besties. I forgave her with out telling her and after a while she started acting weird not wanting to hang out of school as if she thinks i want to fuck her. i have began to resent her but i still love her like a sister. this hating me, perfect bff, weird cycle has been going on for months.
    At this point im to terrified to post some things on my tumblr. I constantly watch what i say around her because i don't want to loose her but i fear its taking a toll on my mental health and stability. And im horrified at the thought of coming out as a lesbian to her or anyone else

---------- Post added 13th Nov 2014 at 03:02 AM ----------

n

2. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry you're having to go through this. To me, it sounds like your "best friend" is a bit of a jerk. The fact that she keeps switching her attitude towards you and causing you so much undue stress seems to me to mean that she's probably not the person you thought she was. I know it's going to sound harsh, but I think you might want to find some other friends who can accept you for who you are and not treat you like dirt. If, at some point, she decides to stop treating you like crap, I think you need to have a serious conversation with her and find out exactly why she's being an ass. If that works, then maybe you two have a shot at being friends again. If that doesn't work, then maybe it's time you two quit talking altogether. If it's been going on for months, I'm sorry to say that it's probably not going to get any better.

Sorry again, and I hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you need to talk.

3. David21201

this kinda sounds like an asshole i used to be friends with. I told her all of my secrets (minus being a lesbian). She absolutely would not talk to me. I realized she wasnt a true friend.
    If she is really your bff she should have accepted you for who you are, not calling and harassing you. Before you tell her you're a lesbian, ask yourself if you can trust her. If you can trust her, tell her you arent interested in her (even if you are).
    Good luck