1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out in college as trans

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kittylover, Nov 14, 2014.

1. kittylover

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a freshman in college. thanks to some lovely queer friends of mine I have finnally been able to feel what it's like when people use the right pronouns and call me my chosen name. but thanks to that being called she really hurts now......I know I need to come out to my professors for the upcoming new semester. It's scary because I know that once it's "out there" soon everyone on campus will know. which could be good if more people start using the right name and pronouns with me.but I know there will be stupid people.....I'm scared......

2. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hey dont be scared i know there is hatefull people but the haters can go suck on my metaphorical balls

3. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still remember the day I came out as trans my second semester of college. I was in my art theory in practice class, and I handed in a paper with my preferred name. My professor asked about it and I managed to be able to talk. My group of peers were very supportive. Some of them became good friends who I keep in touch with to this day.