1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to friend/crush???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RadioRoss, Nov 15, 2014.

1. RadioRoss

I'm really close to this girl, we're best friends. I've known her for such a long time and we have so much in common. I have a crush on her though, and even though I know that she is bisexual too, im nervous to tell her that im bisexual, and even more nervous to tell her that i have a crush on her. Another problem is that she lives 885 miles away from me...

2. shinji

shinji Guest

Rule 101 in dating your friends. Never do the "coming out" and "i love you", moves in one go. It backfires in 99% of situations, due to the emotional baggage you suddenly unload on said person.

Come out to her, wait for a few days/weeks to pass, see how she is around you and then, try to further your relationship. Don't go full out "i love you", be more close to her, flirtatious and then, when she is "softened up", drop the metaphorical hammer.

Obviously, due to your age, i should mention that by "flirtatious" i don't mean, actually being slutty (lol sorry for the word), i mean, just be more touchy feely and less afraid to show affection.

Before all this however, after you come out to her, make it a point to make sure if she is in fact open to the idea of having a relationship with a girl.

3. RadioRoss

Yeah i wasn't thinking of saying both to her at the same time :astonished: but yeah...ill see what i kind do with all that.
    I've always been worried about that...like, ive never liked the idea of dating someone while being so young, but i guess ill see what happens.

4. Blossom85

I agree with Shinji, I think just say them at different times.. Come out first to her and then maybe just see what her reaction is and how she acts around you after that.. I think she would be supportive of your coming out, seeing as how she is as well and even if nothing eventuates, at least you have a supportive friend in real life as well who you can talk to and bounce things off too.

5. were on similar boats buddie (all we can do is hope they don't sink like the titanic haha), I like a close friend also, who I'm planning on coming out to. I wish you the best of luck, and if you ever wanna talk I'm here :slight_smile:

6. RadioRoss

Yeah, id assume that she would be supportive, which is a helpful fact.