1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sensitive side is coming out as I accept myself more.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Justinian20, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Justinian20

I just realized that I am more feminine than I first originally thought. I would personally say I am 3 quarters a feminine guy as I'll list what I found out.
    -Love to dance like crazy to a lot of music
    -Love shopping(only for myself though)
    -Very loud when I know you
    -Talk about girly stuff(feelings, mother and father, shopping has been added to conversation)
    -I'm more fashionable than I first realized and I like wearing nice clothes(only thing that stopped that was I had to iron my nice clothes if I wore them and I was lazy)
    -I prefer Romantic comedies to action movies.(But then what makes me less feminine is over romantic comedies I'll watch horror or thriller movies)
    -Don't like touching icky stuff(lizards and toads ewww! makes me gag)
    -I'm also very incredibly skinny
    -Don't like anything to do with fixing stuff(someone else can do it)
    - I also get a bit teary in romantic movies when the person is leaving the main character(aww! that's cute says my feminine side)
    - In fantasies I also want my partner(who's male) to protect me.

The thing is though I've actually got past thinking all these traits are feminine but the reason I'm calling them feminine is just to make this post clearer. I'm still a masculine guy who just happens to have regained his sensitive side by coming out.

My sensitive side is the side of me that is considered feminine but I just think it's good I have that side to me.

God it feels invigorating letting all of it come back out including some of the bits of me I hid. Like the fact I like romantic comedies and girly movies better than action movies(I only act in a way that's expected of me in front of my family). Cause I feel not as comfortable with my family than by myself and in public alone with just random people and a couple of friends.

It's also made me feel better about myself, I have higher self esteem for the first time in ever. My self confidence has gone up. I consider myself to be like a model in my looks for the first time in ever, but my family has to try and bring it down. But hey I'm finally happy in my own skin.

I just hope that I don't go back to the asexual crutch but I'm happy for myself and it seems like I've moved on from the crutch as I realized what is there to be scared about. Society may put me in a label but who honestly cares about being labelled.

Also about me I accepted I was gay a lot earlier than 3 weeks ago I accepted it as early as the end of last year. I did panic a few weeks ago because I felt for everyone on this site. All the bad things you go through it just made me so sad for all of you and I felt all the pain people have gone through.

I think that really jolted me into unleashing my sensitive side albeit fairly slowly. So for a change, I'm finally happy and I consider I've fully accepted who I am. Now for coming out to my best friend and former high school crush. wish me luck, its gonna be the first face to face coming out for me.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, congratulations! :icon_bigg I hope it goes well for you coming out to your friends!

I know exactly how you feel. I think most people in the closet do everything they can to repress any behaviour that could possibly be viewed as "gay". Sometimes it's things that really aren't even unusual in straight men and woman, but our own insecurities get to us - and we get worried other people will pick up on subtle 'signs'.

Once we've accepted our sexuality, which is sometimes the worst case scenario ("Oh my god! I'm GAY!), it's easier to accept other aspects of ourselves. It's all part of being honest about who you are. It is a bit like opening the floodgates. You're right, it's nice to just enjoy things, no longer putting pressure on yourself about what you should like or dislike.

3. Melanie

Melanie Guest

What a fabulous post. I feel a lot the same way myself. I can experience others emotions and let them be or feel compassion. I cut myself off from really feeling for a long time... other than feeling nothing or feeling anger. Its so peaceful to just feel what I do ... let it flow through me and be ok with it. Its so freeing.