1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this count as coming out???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ThePrideInside4, Nov 16, 2014.

1. ThePrideInside4

So...a few days ago I was having this panic attack and my mom was asking me why. I told her it's the bullying, and every time I look in the mirror...I see a boy. I didn't mean to say that last thing, it just...came out. She asked, "well, is there something you want to change?" I nodded, because I want to look EXACTLY like a boy. But then she asked "do you want to change your hair, the way you dress, makeup...?" I don't think she understood what I meant. I just said "no". I had basically just come out to my mom, and she didn't understand...what do I do?

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's bothering you, you should go and explain what you meant. If you think she'll be supportive of you, then go for it.

3. ThePrideInside4

Well, I was telling her "everyone at school calls me a dyke and a lezbo". She said "so what? And so what if you are?" Even though she would be accepting, it's just really hard saying it out loud, and knowing that people heard it. I can't explain it. I just feel like she would accept it, but I feel like she would see me as a different person...

4. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's obviously going to need some time to process the information after you come out, but that completely normal. Based on what you've said, she definitely sounds like she'd be supportive. As for the actual coming out part, I know what you mean - it takes a lot of courage. There's no easy way of doing it. You have to push yourself to just say it. But once you do, you'll feel better.

5. ThePrideInside4

Maybe I will on a day I visit a friend or family member, so that it gives her a good weekend to think.

6. Alive

It is great that you feel like she would accept you. I would say you should clearly come out to her and make sure she understands what you mean. It might take her time to understand/process this or whatever but it would be best to clarify what you mean.
    best of luck to you :slight_smile: <3 (*hug*)