1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Helenax, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Helenax

I've got a close friend that came out to me as bi almost two years ago, quite a short time after we met. At the time I was questioning myself, and I still do a bit, but I know for sure that I'm not 100% straight. I think that I'd label myself as bi, but explain it more correctly if anyone wanted to know more. Now, I haven't told her and I feel like I really owe her that. I've been quite closed and I've never told her much about any problems, etc. whilst she's been open and honest with me. She lives miles away and I'll have to tell her over skype. She visited me this summer and I wished I'd told her back then. I feel like we're slipping away a bit because I've been so "closed" (I've got a mild depression which I haven't told her either). Now, I'm scared she'll be kinda mad at me, for not even dropping subtle hints, look at my like a coward, etc. I believe she had a much harder time with coming out than I will have.

2. Really

Hi Helenax,
    From what you've written, I don't think you need to feel like a coward. If your friend had a hard time coming out, I can't believe she wouldn't understand you doing this at your own pace, in your own way. You could always say something like, "I wish I had been ready when you told me but I was still processing my thoughts but I'd like to tell you now...."
    It's nice you have someone to share this with who will understand you completely.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might say you have given this a lot of thought... and needed some time...
    but also that you appreciate her...
    you might exchange your feelings... which might bring you even closer together...

give yourself a break... if you felt you needed more time, or felt you were distracted by other things, its perfectly ok...

(*hug*)

4. Helenax

Thank you so much. This really does make me feel better(*hug*)

---------- Post added 17th Nov 2014 at 07:32 PM ----------

thank you! I think you might be right. thus was very helpful to me(*hug*)

5. Helenax

So I wanted to tell her over skype, but it wasn't possible, I'd have to wait till January, so I ended up doing so on snapchat, which might have been stupid. I just said that I did not think I was 100% straight, which is true. She hasn't answered yet, but they are opened and that fact is making me so, so nervous. So I sent a new snap telling her that I feel like I owe her that. I hope she doesn't get this the wrong way.