1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by radioreactive, Nov 17, 2014.

1. radioreactive

Out Status:
    Some people
    So I just recently joined/found this site, and I am very glad I did. There has been a lot of stress in my life lately, which led to me relapsing and cutting myself after seven or so months of being clean. At the time, I was in contact with a few internet friends who did help me through it, but the suicidal thoughts are always there. Anyways, a few months back, I discovered I was bi, or I thought so. At the beginning of the school year, I had my first girlfriend, but that crashed and burned when I found she'd been cheating on me with an old flame. At that point, I thought I was lesbian. I later decided that labels were not fitting me, as I didn't want to have to conform to liking one or two genders. I'd known that I liked more, but I never knew there was a name for it, that is, until I found pansexuality. I knew that that was what I was. Just about a month ago, I found that the female gender binary didn't quite describe me. I of course knew about non-binary, so I did some research, and everywhere I found kinda struck me as, well, it described me/what I felt. I don't feel like my birth name fits me, but Dean/Luke do. I want my friends and family to call me that, but I am afraid that they will mock me (my parents are very transphobic) and its really just overall terrifying. Does anyone have any advice for an androgynous non-binary seventh grader?

2. ilovemycat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just found this site, too. You aren't alone. Always remember that! I honestly don't have a lot of advice for you, but I wanted to reply to tell you that you are who you are, and you should never be ashamed of it. Sometimes it takes a while for parents to get used to something, even stuff that isn't about sexuality. So just give it time. And love yourself for who you are. And never give up.
    I wish you luck and you will be in my thoughts!!!
    :slight_smile: