1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LoneWolfRunner, Nov 19, 2014.

1. LoneWolfRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So generally I am tenth grader who is considering coming out. The thing is i am actually lesbian, but i define myself as bisexual because I am scared that if i ever like a guy again, people would start with accusations. I don't like feeling like I am lying to my classmates, so I want to tell a few people. First who should I tell ( I have an ex boyfriend in my class) and should i define as bi or lesbian? Who do I tell first? How do I say it? I would appreciate any advice on my situation with bfriend and everything.

2. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you truly feel you're a lesbian then I would tell people exactly that. When I came out to my friends i said I was bi because it felt easier but I regret it because even though I eventually told them I was a lesbian, they still have this hope I'll end up with a guy because I said I was bi that one time. It's better to be honest even if it feels hard/awkward. Just tell the people that are close to you and who you think should know. You don't have to announce it to everyone or your ex unless it comes up :slight_smile:

3. kumawool

Tell important people you're bisexual, don't bother lying. I would tell your best friend first, perhaps stress that you don't like HER, you just want someone to trust.

---------- Post added 19th Nov 2014 at 11:17 PM ----------

Other people to tell first
    -Counsellor at school
    -Parents
    -Your friends at a lunch in a casual conversation, briefly mentioned as if it doesn't even matter, in a highly confident "Bitch you wanna MAKE this a problem" voice (a friend of mine did this)
    -Pen Pal
    -Gay support group at your school
    -A trusted teacher
    -Your reflection (I came out to my reflection guys, I know it's silly)
    -Etc.!

#3 kumawool, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  4. LoneWolfRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    we dont have a school counselor or a gay group. I also know my parents wouldnt agree. Could i come out to friends but not to them?

5. fluffysocks91

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You could consider waiting until you are sure you want to, you don't sound positive that coming out to people is what you want, if you have that one friend you know will be absolutely fine with it then I would maybe try to confide in them. There is no point in causing yourself stress and worry, continue to use the online support groups and try to maybe find someone completely unaffected by your status, speak with them to get an outsiders perspective.

(Giving you advice like this is quite ironic as I am completely unaware of myself at the moment and questioning myself, but if you are sure you are lesbian/bisexual then you should be comfortable within yourself before you share it with people who you feel might need time adjusting)

6. LoneWolfRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ok.. Well I am completley comfortable with myself as being lesbian at the moment. I am considerung trying to meet people in Munich who are also Bi or lebian, but it is frustrating as there are very frew who openly show it or are around my age. THank You guys!

7. fluffysocks91

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  8. LoneWolfRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you all!